42 | Destined Divergence

💫

💫

Once she was certain that Rex was on his way out from the base, she turned to look back at the ticking bomb that was attached to the wall. The room around her was large with a tall ceiling, and there were no other doors noticeable for an escape. She went to the bomb, unable to locate a control panel that could be used to diffuse it "okay" she whispered, stepping back to contemplate her next move.

She knew that every Republic base located in a below-freezing climate such as this one was densely constructed, but had ventilation shafts that carried heat throughout the entire facility. At some point, those ducts led to the outside, releasing the excess air. Her eyes searched the ceiling for the opening which she spotted automatically.

In the corner of the room was a small computer that was built into the wall. A transmitter device was present on the keypad. She went to the computer and punched in Obi-wan's code, and the transmitter connected her with his line instantly "Obi-wan, it's me"

"Dakota, where are you? Our reinforcements have arrived for the rescue, and we're climbing aboard the gunships"

"There are only three minutes left" she looked at the timer "do you have everyone accounted for?"

"For the most part... here comes Captain Rex now with a handful of clones. That seams to be everyone, everyone except for you, where are you?"

"I'll meet you on the roof" was all she said before breaking away from the computer. She jumped on top of the bomb, propelling herself up to the ceiling. Her fingers gripped the exterior of the ventilation shaft, and she hooked her legs under the bars as she pried the shaft's cover off with her hands, letting it fall down to the ground and clatter on the floor.

It was narrow and cramped on the inside, threatening her with claustrophobia, but there was no other option. She pulled herself inside of the duct and used her arms to slide her way through the space. Hot air heated her skin, creating beads of sweat that dripped down her forehead "this is the last time I come to Hoth" she said to herself, scooting around a tight corner "freezing temperatures, no jacket, a bomb, General Grievous? What's next?"

After a minute of finding her way through the metal labyrinth, she located the exit that she was searching for. She turned her body and kicked the opening out, feeling a gust of frigid air that froze the sweat from her skin. Her legs slipped out first and she flipped up to the roof, nearly being blown away by the wind.

"There, Hawk!" Obi-wan pointed from the open door of the gunship, instructing for the pilot to drop the ship. He could see his friend from their position in the sky "What in the blazes is she doing up there?"