opium 1 - giyuu (angst)

Fallen tears, the smell of home...

___

"I thought you already stopped."

Accusing. Your tone was accusing when you approached the troubled man with a visage of deep distaste.

Giyuu just stared at his glowing stick with a silent remorse, asking himself the same question you've just uttered.

Opium have always been his vice. He tried to smoke one every few months to keep his emotions tame. The deep musk flowing in his lungs numb him - the poison lifting the weight on his nerves - it made him feel less, and he wanted it that way.

No one dared try to correct him of his abuse, and if they did - they would have done it comically without taking consideration of his feelings. Shinobu have a talent to dig her words deeper than their nichirin - it wouldn't be a surprise if you pull the same stunt.

You would remind him this and that - warn him of the after effects. But ever since you became a part of the hashira, you've started doting on him like a mother hen.

You found confidence and berated Shinobu and Sanemi from bullying him, made him eat three times a day and made sure to train with him. You've gone as far as forced him to sleep when he needed it even if he doesn't want to.

He doesn't know why you're doing all of these. For the Tomioka, he thought of it as nothing as annoyance.

You can't get something from him, and if you would - it'll be turned into an inside joke like what Shinobu did to him. He tried hard to put up his walls against you by fully ignoring your very being - and it somehow worked.

Until you've given him a talk.

He found them breaking down the more he knew about you.

___

He was lucky to have you as his partner in hunting down this demon, and he swore he would've died at the hands of it if it weren't for you. But that didn't mean you saved him from the injuries he got.

The sooner you'll heal his scratches; the sooner he'll leave you be. That's what he planned, until he got distracted from his internal debate with your off-putting topic.

"I see my mother in you."

He blinked. He's tired - dreadfully so - and he just wanted to be alone.

But Giyuu realized that this would be the first time you would share your past with him - and he halfheartedly processed what you said as tried to learn more about the mystery behind your act. Perhaps if he did, then he would know how to remove your very being from stalking his shadows.

So he listened.

"Both of you brood and have an aura that scares people."

You told him solemnly - tired but alert, mending his wounds as he tried not to flinch at the antiseptic burning his flesh into one.

He felt your fingers fluttering on his bruise skin amidst the cotton - making him furrow at the spark that seem to follow their wake. Giyuu tried hard not to think at your gentle caress, but when your thumb flicker above his shoulder in reassurance; his body shuddered at the tenderness of your touch.

"I always tell her to take better care of herself," You distracted him effectively, before shuffling as he smells the pungent scent of creamed wisteria behind him.

Gentle caress, soft touches - lingering warmth; Giyuu tried hard to ignore them as he listened to the melancholy in your voice.

"But all of the money I've earned repairing clothes always goes straight to her opium."