diamond - tanjirou (advertisement)

Brought to you by 'memoir of a diamond'

___

He finds it entertaining to torment himself with rants about our training.

He spirals up unnecessary accusations of our sensei trying to kill him, complains about the lead and toll of missing his sister being awake, but most recently; he has been telling me stories about the times he spent with her at his former home.

At first I find this idle chatting a bit unentertaining, but as we both put ourselves in the shoes of devoted students; I find it them enjoyable more than writing about my travels. Entertaining, even.

Yet, my way of speaking did not change or did I softened my behavior towards him. Somewhat, he took value on my actions rather than my words that are twisted in ways to make them sound hurtful. And I was thankful of that.

Tanjirou would find himself looking at Nezuko with worry in his eyes as he writes down on his journal. Sometimes, when I'm unnevered of his thoughts and aura growing deep in murky solitude, I would knock on his door and ask him to tell me stories of his childhood to distract him from his own thoughts.

He usually agrees to my request with a delightful response and I listened to him as I practiced my breathing - shorting my own breath while I talk and inhale as much when I don't. He kept bragging about his sister being the beauty in their town and no one else could compare to her cuteness that I sometimes wished I never even asked to endure this. Not even his childlike grin would pay up to the torture of him biting my ears off by praising his sister like a goddess. She's a beauty all right, but my kami. Stop overstating the truth, you damn sun.

Tanjirou mentioned that Nezuko looks more like his mother and he was the spitting image of his father. I found that interesting and somewhat... domestic, and he asked me if I ever looked like my parents.

"I don't." I stated while writing down on my own notes besides him. He looked at me curiously from his own journal. "I was told that I looked like my grandfather."

I was so peeved when he chuckled. The noise twinkling in my ears spiraled red flames on my cheeks and being. He got the nerve to laugh when he asked me that question himself. I was about to tell him that when he quickly retaliated my words with a smile. "I'm sorry, I was just imagining a charming old-looking man."

I blinked. Dumb-founded of his words before sneering at him. I rolled my eyes and laughed sarcastically, not finding his words a tad bit amusing.

"Right. As if your dad wasn't a handsome man." I replied with a tone full of bitterness, but I got no reply in return.

Not even a thanks.

My eyes gaze up, only to see him staring at me - face pink with lips squished in bashfulness.

Staring at him back with that kind of expression on his face made me feel awkward beyond words. I grimaced.

"You know that was sarcasm right?"

He blinked for a second, and threw me an unamused visage that I couldn't help but smirk at.

Serves him right for making fun of me.

___

by yours truly