promise - muichirou (fluff)

The future is strong to those who built foundation; of love, of hope, of promises.

___

Muichirou looked at his rival with minty eyes that's too glazed to be serious, but too determined to be dishonest.

"I like her."

His voice was airy, but his words were heavy - and that made his rival straightened his seat the more the child spoke.

"She's not smart, she's not the best."

Muichirou spoke so nonchalantly, and it was a mystery why was he saying this.

"But I like her."

There was a ghost of a kindred smile that appeared on his lips, and his eyes lit up with the sunset that hazed the two boys.

It was a baffling look on the apathetic boy, a look that was full of weakness; but it was an honest look.

And Muichirou's eyes curled at a thought, and his rival knew it's an expression of love.

"To the point I will marry her."

He told it with so much weight that it felt true.

Perhaps it is, for him - but the other boy blushed heavily in both shock and secondhand embarrassment, because that's a heavy promise a kid like Muichirou shouldn't spout so easily.

More so, since the Tokitou is just a middle-schooler, and (Name) is in high school.

His rival tried to comprehend how seriousness this boy is with his feelings, and he babbled the first thing that got struck in his throat.

"You guys are like, six years apart!"

Muichirou's left eyebrow raised.

"And?"

"You're young!"

His rival straightened the fact, and it made the Tokitou rolled his eyes.

"Once I get a job, that won't matter."

And his rival blushed more at the confidence oozing from the younger boy.

"A-ah."

The other chuckled in embarrassment as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I guess..."

"She's not good in academics."

Muichirou pointed out her flaws, but it sounded endearing even with his sharp words.

"I'll study hard for the both of us and I'll provide a life she deserves."

The other boy choked with a red face, to hear such a serious confession is out of his league - and slowly, he respect this younger boy more so than he respect himself.

Because Muichirou looked so sure, so determined. The aura he held is high, and his rival thinks that it's just something of a passing phase for the younger boy.

"You're young,"

The rival spoke in a voice that sounded adult, and that made Muichirou's eye twitched to be spoken like such.

"You'll meet someone else in the future."

Muichirou shook his head, his hair following his wake as he narrowed his stare at the other.

"Are you not listening?
I will take her as my bride-"

"Who are you taking as a wife?!"

Speak of the bride; you appeared in your  classroom with a gusto wave of oozing crack energy. Your grin is lopsided with mischief and your eyes are full of energy.