safe - ??? (advertisement)

The feeling of being safe... it's in his arms.

___

Perhaps it's all be cause of that demon's blood art, or is it because you are dead.

All you know is that you don't belong in this world.

Especially not when you have this version of yourself staring back at you.

'Your' companion, a kid, looked up at you weirdly and back at the 'you' besides him – and how amusing that 'you' shared the same look of shock displayed on your own visage.

It was baffling. Impossible, but it felt too real to even be called a lucid dream.

"Are you me?" "Am I you?"

The both of you spoke at the same time, same voice multiplied and in tune that the both of you two took a step back.

You two spoke differently and your accents don't match at all, but the pitch and astonishment laced in both of your words matched eerily well that discomfort settled on your nerves as well as your mirror in front of you.

You two raised your hands and gestured at each other.

"Were you also isekai'd?" "This is impossible."

Another shared look of confusion and intrigue. You looked at 'you' weirdly and she gave you a sheepish expression back.

Clearly, something is wrong.

Not just with you, but also with her.

The kid that was having a hard time processing this menagerie quickly threw a fit by stomping on the ground and ruffling his raven hair - screaming his confusion at the both of you.

"AHHH! THIS IS TOO MUCH!" He looks stressed, the boy. "I told you not to soak at that mystical water but did you listen to me? Nooo!" He whined at 'you' with a pissed expression reserved only for a mother to look at her troubled child, before sighing loudly and massaging the space between his eyebrows. "Now I have to look out for the two of you!" He let out a drawn out sigh and crossed his arms with a defeated gaze in his eyes. "I'm going to have white hair by the time I reach your age..."

'You' laughed at the kid's life crisis.

And you can only blink dumbly at that, to which 'you' caught and gave you an embarrassed expression that apologizes for the growing misunderstanding. "She can't be my double - just look at her clothes!"

Frankly enough, you are better dress than the rags they wore. You kind of pity them, but not when they're giving you each of their prying look.

"You had a weird outfit when aniki and I first saw you too, Onee-san." The kid grumbled, brown eyes narrowing at you. Seems like this kid have better brains than 'you', not that you are judging.

"It is a bit uncanny that you didn't share the same clothes..." The boy rubbed his chin as he checked you, eyes roaming up and down your frame. "Hey! What's your name?"

You looked down at the boy, pursing your lips and he suddenly looked unsure. His bravado when he asked you for your name disappeared in thin air when your stare bore into his. "You can call me (Last Name)."

'You' choked on air, almost as if not believing her ears. You guess from that reaction alone that the both of you share your namesake.

"Hey... you're not from here aren't you?" 'You' asked with a nervous chuckle.