fool 3 - tanjirou (angst)

Manga Spoiler: (Specifically chapter 202) 

You have been warned.

___

You were so focused staring at those demonic eyes, trying to find him in them - so focused flicking your blade against his claws, conversing with him the way you thought you can reach him -- you failed to protect his sister.

The one treasure he asked you to protect. The very person whose as important as you.

Your eyes shook as your jaw hang open when her arms hugged him from behind - the helplessness in her hold reminisce with the way you hold your blade against Tanjirou, and the tears smoothly flowing beneath her eyes mirrored your own: crying and pitifully clutching on him with her fingers digging in his bloodied uniform with the desperation you can feel tenfold.

You tried to use your words, you tried to find them as your gaze flicker from him to Nezuko - but you felt your throat suffer from the throbbing inability, and you ended up furrowing your eyebrows hopelessly at her – telling her not to. Begging her to go.

But she gave you a look of her own, and Tanjirou's uniform wrinkled easily at the strength in her hands as she held unto him with those grief-filled eyes you know will break his heart.

Because yours break for him and it hurts.

"Onii-chan," She spoke, voice wavering as she blinked her tears away. "Gomenasai..."

Broken, but hopeful. She said those words with firm confidence, even when her whole frame isn't. "I'm s-so sorry... I didn't share the weight on your shoulders."

Tanjirou's body halted in a pause as if, for a second, he's listening to her. His frame trembled with her voice and it might've been hope; but you find him in those eyes, much clearer... much better... more than you tried talking to him with a sword.

And you can't believe it.

You feel that your ability to think shortened into a slate of blankness. You're slowly feeling lost, even more so as you listen to Nezuko.

"Why do you have to suffer for us?"

Nezuko hugged him tightly, burying her face on his shoulder as tears stroll down her pained face. Your soul quiver at her braveness, and you lowered your shaking hands as the adrenaline in your veins silently steams down as your lips pulled sideways as you listened to her words resonating well with your soul.

"Why do kind souls who struggle everyday gets trampled over and over?"

Pink eyes landed on yours - endless with honesty, in hopeless endeavors, and they spoke the loudest along the message uttered from her heart speaks.

"You've forgotten we're here to help you too."

The crack, the sadness and hope in her pleas are the same with your unspoken ones. Nezuko... she spoke the meaning you've failed to utter, she spoke everything you wanted to say – and she, who was weak in so many ways, have faced him with nothing but her love and faith for Tanjirou.

Everything hurts.

In the place where your heart should be as you try to keep your blurred gaze own on them - it hurts.

Nezuko showed how much she loved this man with nothing but her selfless act, when you can't even drop your blade against your fool.

How can she find the strength to do such a thing...?