family - tanjirou (fluff)

A conversation or two, can make the night better than a one spent blue.

___

"So hey," You poked his cheek with your hand, the other wrapped around Nezuko's sleeping head on top of your chest. "What's up with you still wearing your hanafuda even in bed?"

You spoke in a very loud whisper, because you know Tanjirou isn't asleep with the way he's moving on his side of the bed. He stopped his shuffling, and in the darkness, as you stared at the ceiling - you heard him scratched his head in un-surety. 

That small noise made you shot him a comforting smile, but you realized that he can't see it, making you blush at the darkness instead.

"It's... a habit." Tanjirou cut your thoughts off as he spoke his words, selectively and also in a whisper. "My father gave this to me, and he always wore it. And... I never really thought of taking them off."

"Does it hurt? When it pulls?" You murmured, and the mattress dipped and down again as he moves, and you can feel him getting closer - but not as close as Nezuko is with you.

"No." You felt the way he shook his head, and you turned your gaze at him.

You can make out his outlines, but not his whole features - and somehow, that made you pull your lips sideways in disappointment. He should consider having lanterns.

"Is it a heirloom?" You asked the obvious, and Tanjirou easily snorted at that. 

You felt flustered when he did, especially when you know he's hiding his face between a hand that covers half his face, but you can't really think of anything smart this late at night.

"It is." He whispered before a soft, low chuckle reverberated between you two, swiftly entering in your chest. "I thought I've already told you stories about it?"

"Yeah, it went back in my mind." You grinned shyly, moving to make yourself comfortable as you sighed. "Kinda forgot it for a second."

He hummed at that, and the sheets shuffled once again. You looked at him with raised brows, and you felt his hand grabbed unto your shoulder, before sluggishly moving down to grip on your own fingers. 

The way his hand traveled down on your arm made you awake for a brief second, and your heart started pounding in eagerness.

You felt him traced a line on your open palm, tickling your nerves to fastened your pulse at the tender touch, and they halted when you felt him squeeze your hand as a whole with tightness that stopped your lungs.

It was just a brief second, but it felt longer like that. 

It was almost painful, to have him hold your hand softly likes - but when he easily intertwined your fingers with his, you think the pain is justified to have the satisfaction of his long digits curling around yours with a longing that makes your heart lull.

You find yourself staring at the warmth shared between you two, and it has to do with your mind numbed with sleepiness, but you can feel your heartbeat matching his in speed.

It's... nice.

"You know," Tanjirou grinned at you with his eyes curling in mirth, and he hoped you can see it even when he can't see yours - but he knows deep inside you're also smiling at him. The scent of strawberry was enough of an indication that you do.

"I always feel as if they're a part of me."

His heart felt full with joy and fuzziness when your fingers grabbed unto his hand with a tighter hold than his - and he felt his face melt at the way your thumb brushed against the space between his.