birthday - tanjirou (fluff)

The smallest things can mean a lot to the right person.

___

"Do you think this would look good on me?"

You asked your husband, fingers grazing on the garment before you. The fall's pattern on this one is plain, but it's what you can afford - and you use your wrist to check your complexion against the yellow hue.

Tanjirou smiled down at you with those warm eyes that could melt, earrings swaying with the winds from the open door along his long hair.

He took your wrist, and his hand was big on your lithe ones - but he captured your attention by kissing your pulse and smiling against your skin.

"I think everything looks good on you."

He watched as your face bloomed red in color, contrasting the pureness of the kerchief you use to wrap your (color) hair away.

The way your lips closed and those (color) widened before him made you more appealing to Tanjirou, and it shows with how his eyes softened at you.

"You're just saying that..."

You put your free hand on your cheek and looked away bashfully, and from that reaction made Tanjirou looks shy too - because wow, you've been married for two years and yet, you make him feel as if he's courting you again.

And that thought made him giddy as he was back then whenever he sees you coming down from Kumotori mountain in your father's cart. You would shyly waved at him and ask your father if he could ride with the two of you in your descent from the mount to sell your own wares.

Conversations were always easy with you, and he felt more energetic than he was waking up just having your smile on him. 

Though, the prying look from your father in his memories made Tanjirou returned to reality. (It was  a guarded look that he recalls vividly - since it was the same look he gave the Kamado when he asked permission to marry you.)

Does he likes the past? He does. but Tanjirou finds the present even more loving considering that he can talk to you, see you, and have you as his wife rather than imagining it in his daydreams.

Tanjirou's lips brushed on your pulse once again, and his warm breath made your face steamed in embarrassment.

"Hm... no, I really think that anything looks good on you."

You giggled, and that sound made his ears tinkle. Your joy sounded like wind chimes, and he would love nothing more but to listen to them for hours.

You slapped his chest at his tease, and blushing for yourself at how tone and sturdy it felt. He smirked at the way your eyes flicker embarrassingly away from his eyes.

"You always think everything's good on me."

You pouted at your words, and he honestly finds it endearing - and also annoying for not believing his words. 

Yet, that is the joy of being your husband - Tanjirou can show and tell you how much beautiful you can be in anything.

"Maybe because they are the truth?"

He cocked his eyebrow at you, and that expression of his made you think deep and low as you consider whether or not to buy this garment for yourself.

You have a very selfless husband, and by the gods Tanjirou is everything you wanted - but sometimes, he's too overwhelmingly devoted to be a perfect husband that he forgot that you also love him more than any kimono you wish to buy.