strong - giyuu (fluff)

"Those who have the ability to pick up their broken pieces despite their bleeding fingers are the one capable of being called 'strong'."

___

Cheated on you.

He don't understand why your spouse would cheat on you. 

You were already competent on your own and he saw how much you devoted yourself to them - so, it's more of a question than a closure for your best friend when you told him that your spouse cheated on you.

Giyuu just stared; throughout your confession he stared at you.

Eyebrows furrowed in disbelief, lips pulled sideways in frustration and blue eyes narrowed sharply enough it could cut the tension between you two.

Perhaps it has to do with you always pointing out minuscule things about him, or he's really improved with his observation and perception because of you always doing the same for him - but you were acting closed-off that he felt more concern than he normally would.

He's inwardly panicking. But outside; he does not show emotion that could trigger more of your tears. 

Even when you pearls sprout from your face in an endless warm falls - even when your voice cracks in a threatening sob; he could only just offer you his silence and ears and not once touch you to comfort your anguish.

Because he doesn't know how.

Inside, he's hurting just as much as you. The way your eyes won't meet his, the shadows deep below them... they hurt him. Even how your voice speaks in a broken falsetto - they break his heart little by little to the point it's hard for him to sit with you in the same room.

But he still stayed put in his cushion and listened intently to you. 

Because Giyuu knows that all he can do. 

Your hands never left your face as you tried to stave the tears away, your frame kept shaking in sadness that he can relate, and he knows because it's hard to control his body from trembling from wanting to reach out and hug you.

Still, he can't seem to find the strength to comfort you. 

As he stares more at the way you broke before him like a mirror sheltering a fractured line - he realized that he's afraid of you. 

He's afraid that he might break you further when his hand reached out for you.

He doesn't know if you want him to touch you after what happened to you and your ex. Because he's a man, and he's afraid to fan the flame of fear and anguish bursting inside of you if you would feel another touch of a man.

He doesn't want to add up to the pain, Giyuu can't stomach that. 

But he also don't want for you to suffer alone.

Even if he wanted to look away from your face to save himself the heartbreak, he can't.

Because that's Giyuu's way to know how hurt you've been, and it's his way to sympathize with you the best he can.

He must've been looking at you as if you're nothing more than a scum with how narrowed his expression is: eyebrows furrowed deeply, a deep frown settling on his lips in silence and his eyes are as numb and cold looking as the way he usually acts.

(He doesn't know he's doing that, he was merely trying not to show weakness to you - he has to keep the water from falling and it showed on his face with how hard he's trying.