Chapter 1

*Skyler's POV*
Today was the big moving day. We are going from New York to LA. I don't want to move, but I have to. My dad got transferred to a job in LA.

As we boarded the first plane I said goodbye to New York. I looked at the city getting smaller and smaller until we disappeared in the clouds. It was a long four hour plane ride to Chicago. Right as we landed we had to run across the airport to get to our next flight.

When we boarded we were about to take off. I sat in between my mom and a stranger. He was taking up half of my seat. I'm a shy girl, so I was to scared to ask him to move. He soon fell asleep and started snoring very loud. I tried to ignore it, but it didn't work. I just put in my headphones and listened to music. That didn't cover the noise of him snoring, but it tuned it out a little. It was at least enough so that I could fall asleep.

"We have landed in LA!" Our flight attendant said as I woke up startled. "As soon as we land you may unbuckle and exit the plane in an orderly fashion. Thank you!" The lady said one last time before she put the microphone down. We exited the airport and got in a taxi to ride to our new house.

We drove by beaches and palm trees. it was so beautiful here. "Do you like it here?" My mom asked me. "Yeah it's pretty cool." I answered still looking out the window. I saw people on the beaches just hanging out with friends and playing volleyball. "Do we live by a beach?" I asked my dad as I turned my head towards him. "Sort of." He answered as we pulled up to our house. We took out our suitcases and walked inside

"Wow." I said as I walked in. "Its beautiful!" I exclaimed. "We knew you would like it." My mom said smiling. "Your bedroom is upstairs." My dad said. I picked up my suitcase and ran up the stairs. I pushed the door open and looked at my new room. It was lighter blue color and it looked really nice. It even had a bed and dresser. I walked over towards my window and looked out side. I had the most amazing view of the beach that was behind my house. I laid down on my bed and thought about how amazing this is. I turned on my phone and looked at the time. It read 8:00. I ran back downstairs.

"Hey mom can I walk down to the beach?" I asked grabbing a apple. "Sure Skyler be safe okay?" "Yep." I said as I walked out the door.

I stepped my foot in the sand. It felt so good. I kept on walking towards the water. The waves were crashing on the sand. It was amazing here. People were playing volleyball behind me. "Hey do you wanna join us?" A girl from the group asked. "No I'm okay!" I yelled back. She started walking towards me. "Hey my name is Courtney." She said holding out her hand. "Hey my name is Skyler." I said a little nervous. "Do you live over here?" She asked. "Yeah in that house right there." I said pointing. "We just moved in." "I live right next to you!" She said happily. "If you have any questions just ask me!" She said and ran back towards the volleyball game. "Okay bye!" I yelled at her. I didn't really know what else to do, so I walked back home.