Chapter 3

I opened the door to our house and slammed it shut. Both of my parents were gone because they worked from 8 till 11.
I got a snack and walked upstairs to my bedroom. As I was eating I heard a knock on my door. I slowly walked downstairs only to find it was Courtney. "Let's do something fun!" She said with excitement. "What would we be doing exactly?" I asked. "Its a surprise!" "Well okay I guess." I answered as Courtney squealed. She got her car out of the garage and I got in.
We drove for a while, Courtney turned on the radio and we both sang to the songs. We soon pulled up to a fair. "Here we are!" Courtney said and immediately got out of the car. I opened the door and joined her at the entrance.
Courtney and I played a lot of games, but we never won anything. I checked my phone for the time, 6:30. "We should eat." I said. "Okay let's do it." Courtney answered as we started walking. Courtney wanted a burger and I wanted a hot dog, so we had to go to different stands.
When I was buying my food I could tell someone was watching me. I turned around to see Matt. "Hey M-Matt." I stuttered. I was nervous to talk to him.
"What's up babe." He said winking at me. "Buying a hotdog." I replied and turned back around. After I got my hotdog I went to go find Courtney. "Hey Skyler can I hang with you?" Matt asked. I never thought he would say something like that. "Umm sure." I answered as casual as possible. "Just until I can find Nash again." I nodded at this comment.
Wow just using me until you can find your real friend I thought.
After a while I found Courtney talking to Nash by the hamburger stand. "Well what do we have here?" Nash said. "You got her already?" "No not yet." Matt said. I blushed a little and pulled Courtney away from them. "He totally likes you!" She squealed. "Yeah okay." I said rolling my eyes. Matt would never like me.

"Let's go on a ride." Courtney suggested when we went back to the boys. "With us?" Nash asked. "Yes of course!" Courtney exclaimed. We walked together to the Farris Wheel. "Nash and I are going to go together." Courtney said. I can't believe it, she was going to leave me with Matt. I didn't want to go on the Farris Wheel because: 1. I'm was scared of heights.
2. I also don't want Matt to think I was a scardy-cat.
My senses didn't knock in until we were going up on the ride. I screamed in shock of how tall we were going. "What's wrong?" Matt asked "Afraid of heights?" He teased. "Yes," I said breathing heavily. He started pushing the cart back and forth. "Stop it Matt!" I yelled. He just laughed and kept going. He stopped after a while. Matt looked at me right in the eye and said something I will never forget "I like you Skyler."