Chapter 7

Matt had changed, a lot. He wasn't being his normal douchey self. I was so happy, he seemed happier too. After the party Matt slipped a piece of paper in my hand and smiled. I smiled back and got in Courtney's car to drive home. I opened the piece of paper only to see he put his number on it. "What is that?" Courtney asked. "Matt's number," I said. "Really?" She asked in amazement. "Yeah." I answered. "Get some Skyler!" She shouted laughing. "Whatever." I said rolling my eyes. We pulled up to my house and I got out, thanking Courtney for the ride.

I grabbed a snack and walked upstairs to my room and started putting Matt's number in my phone.
S: Hey Matt its Skyler
M: Hello beautiful
S: tonight was fun
M: yeah it was
S: I'm tired so goodnight I'll text you later
M: okay goodnight cutie
I smiled and finished my snack, turned off my phone and fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 days later on Monday

Courtney and I walked to school today. We didn't talk a lot, but when we did it was either about Matt or Nash.

When we arrived we parted ways to go to our classes. When I was walking to my locker I saw Matt kissing a blonde. "What is he doing?!" Was all that screamed in my head. I tried to hold in my tears. Then I realized what happened. Matt has adapted back his player ways. I needed to distract him. I pulled out my phone and texted him.
S: What are you doing?!
Matt pushed away from the blonde and looked at his phone. I looked down at my phone, he was texting.
M: Stop bothering me I can do whatever I want.
S: Your acting like a player again
M: You can't control me Skyler
S: I know I can't
M: Get out of my life can't you see I don't need you?
I covered my mouth, trying to hold in my sobs. Why would he ever text that? He was so sweet on Friday. What changed? I looked up from my phone and I saw Matt was kissing the blonde again. I stood up and ran towards my locker. I opened it and it slammed against another locker, grabbed my books and slammed it shut. The bell rang so I walked towards my class, tears stinging my eyes.

I sat down in my seat and never looked at Matt once. He tapped on my shoulder several times, but I just ignored it. I wasn't in the mood for all of this.

I was so happy when lunch came around so that I could talk to Courtney. I sat down right next to her and let all my feelings out. By the time I was done I was in tears and Courtney was rubbing my back trying to get me to calm down. Nash and Shawn came and tried to calm me down too, it worked. I stopped crying and started eating my lunch. The four of us sat there in silence. "Matt looks like he feels bad." Shawn said pointing at him. I turned around and looked right at him. He had his head down and he had a frown on his face. When he looked up at me I looked away. "You two should talk." Nash said. "Yeah you should." Courtney agreed. I didn't want to talk with him at all. "No." I said looking at my tray.

After a couple minutes Matt sat down next to me "Hey babe." Matt said. "Get away." I said. "Why should I?" He asked. "Oh don't act like you didn't do something, because you did. You messed up. You could have changed your ways and not been a player, but that's not possible." Matt was speechless. I picked up my tray and left the lunch room. I walked to my locker and sat down eating. Matt didn't bother to come find me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought it was time to update.
I hope you like this. This book probably isn't going to be long because I'm not the best writer.
Anyway thanks for reading this! ❤️