Chapter One

Prisoner of Azkaban

-------------------------------

After all that has happened in the past 2 years, Rose was very relieved to have a stress free summer. She's grown a bit, a few days away now from becoming an official teenager. She was able to travel a bit more around during this summer, going shopping to wizard book shops to muggle clothing stores, meeting with Hermione for coffee from time to time. That was until the news that Sirius Black, a murder, had escaped from Azkaban, and no one knew how or where he was. 

After that her traveling about was cut to only going from her home with Severus Snape to using floo powder to visit the Weasley's Burrow every now and again until a week before school was going to begin. Originally she was going to go with the Malfoys before school started but word got to them that Harry has been staying at the Leaky Cauldron, so Rose decided to go with Ron,  meeting Hermione there to surprise Harry, postponing her visit with the Malfoy's. Upon arriving there the see Hermione had gotten herself a Cat! Rose loved it, seeing as her cat had run off. While Ron immediately didn't like it seeing as his pet was that of a rat. Causing the two to start a disagreement, amusing Rose.

-----------------------------

"I'm warning you, Hermione! Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers or I'll turn it into a tea cozy." Ron threatens as he holds his pet rat.  

Hermione rolls her eyes, "He's a cat, Ronald! What do you expect? It's in his nature." she tells him, while holding her new cat Crookshanks, as it hissed at Scabbers.

Ron looks at her as if she's lost her mind, "A cat! Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me." Ron tells her pointing to the cat who just hisses at him causing him to stop pointing.

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush."she tells to Ron before petting her cat lovingly, "It's all right, Crookshanks. You just ignore the mean little boy." she coos to it.

I look past them after laughing to see Harry, standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking at us confused. "Harry!" I say, rushing towards him, giving him a hug which he returns. He's also grown a bit during this summer, seeing as he's a few inches taller then me compared to the last time we had seen one another.

"Harry!" I hear the others say, coming towards us. As we all ignore the argument and just enjoy all of us being together once again.

We all begin to discuss how all our summers had been so far, the most exciting one was Ron's. He and his family had won a free trip to Egypt, they even were on the front page of the daily prophet as he shows Harry the clipping. Hermione and I already hearing all this before so Harry was more so looking over the photo.

"Egypt! What's it like?" Harry asks as he studies the photo when we all had taken a seat at a table.

"Brilliant. It's got loads of old stuff. Mummies. Death masks. Tombs --" Ron names off before Hermione cuts him off.

"You know, the ancient Egyptians of the Nile River delta worshipped the cat goddess Bast." Hermione cuts in causing Ron to glares at her before looking back to Harry causing me to giggle and pet Crookshanks knowing she did that to get under his skin.

"I also got a new wand." Ron tells him, changing the topic. Then entering from the back was the rest of the Weasley who had went to Diagon Alley to buy what they needed for school, coming over to us.

"Not flashing that clipping about again, are you, Ron?" George teases his brother.

"I haven't shown anyone!" Ron says defensively, trying to putting the photo away but the twins take it from him.

"No, not a soul. Unless you count Tom. The day maid. The night maid. The cook. The bloke that came to fix the toilet. That wizard from Belgium..." Fred lists off continuing to tease Ron, causing Ron to look flustered, and Hermione and I to laugh seeing as we had witness him in fact do this.

Mrs. Weasley walks over to Harry and takes his face in her hands and give him a sweet smile, very happy to see him. She had been worried for him when we had first gotten word that he was staying here. "It's good to see you, Harry."

"Good to see you too, Mrs. Weasley." Harry responds, giving her a nervous smile.

"Harry. Rose. I wonder if I might have a word." Mr. Weasley asks of us.

I nod, "Of course, Mr. Weasley." Harry says as we get up and follow him a bit aways from the others.

He leads us to one of the walls that was covered in Sirius Black wanted posters, I see Mr. Weasley glance at it edgily. "Harry, Rose. There are some within the Ministry who would strongly discourage me from divulging what I'm about to tell you both. But I think you two need to know the facts. Because you're in danger. Grave danger." he warns us.

Harry looks to the poster, causing me to look at him and the poster then back to Mr. Weasley, "Has this anything to do with him, sir?" Harry asks respectfully.

"What do you know of Sirius Black, Harry?" Mr. Weasley questions him.

Harry looks away from the poster, "That he escaped from Azkaban. That he killed someone." Harry tells him, sounding a bit unsure not knowing more.

"Harry, thirteen years ago, when you stopped..." Mr. Weasley pauses, obviously uncomfortable with saying any form of the name.

"Voldemort...?" Harry says, causing Mr. Weasley to nod.

"Black lost everything. But he remains a loyal servant to this day. In his mind, only you stand in the way of..." he begins to explain before, pausing again.

"Voldemort...?" Harry, once again says.

Mr. Weasley sighs, "Harry, I hate it when you say -" he tells him uncomfortably.

"I know, sorry. Ron hates it too." Harry apologies.

"In Black's mind, only you stand in the way of... You-Know-Who returning to power. That's why he's broken.... That's why he's broken out of Azkaban. To find you. And..." Mr. Weasley continues before pausing again.

"Kill me?" Harry finishes, causing Mr. Weasley to nod rather nervously.

"Harry. I want you to swear that," he pauses glancing at me,  "I want both of you to swear that-- whatever you might hear -- you won't go looking for Black." He warns us, causing Harry and I to look at each other confused, then at him.

"Mr. Weasley, why would I go looking for someone who wants to kill me?" Harry questions.

Mr. Weasley nods nervously, then claps Harry on the shoulder. "Just watch yourself, will you, Harry? Look out for one another." he says, not answering his question. Then walking away from us. Leaving us more confused.

--------------------
1182 words

I hope you guys like the sort of new format.

I wrote and edited this a million times since like April to now. So I hope it's sort of good!

Let me know your thoughts!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake