Chapter 7

I was sat talking with Ginny while Hermione complained to the boys about the new daily prophet headline that had shown her and Harry hugging. I was helping Ginny with an essay she has for potions.

"Ginny these must be for you." Ron says, having both of us look over at him, holding up a very out of style dress robes.

"I'm not wearing that it's ghastly." Ginny tells her brother looking him as if he's lost his mind causing Hermione and I to laugh. 

Ron looks between the two of us, "What are you on about?" he asks and we try to stop laughing.

"They're not for Ginny they're for you! Dress robes." Hermione explains between giggles.

"Dress robes? for what?" He questions, looking down at them confused.

-------------------------------------

Ravenclaw students had a disadvantage when it came to the dance meeting, seeing as Flitwick, our head of house, couldn't exactly demonstrate to us the dance properly. So instead he decided to split us off in sections to learn with other houses.

My luck continues because I was in the group sent with Gryffindor. So many people tried to have me switch with them because they got picked to go to the Slytherin group. But I had to decline, because I'd rather have fun with friends and learn from McGonagall then to be in the gloomy dungeons and learn from Uncle Sev and deal with glaring Slytherins.

The room was split off, Girls on one side, and Boys on the other. Only 4th years and up were here, but I hear rumours that the other 3 years could attend if asked by someone. I had my fingers crossed that someone would ask Ginny so that her, Hermione, and I could all get ready together.

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance." McGonagall explains to us.

Many boys groan, not excited about a dance, while all us girls were on the edge of our seats. "Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. Along with the house of  Rowena Ravenclaw. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." she says, and no groans come from the boys, only looks of disinterest.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." McGonagall continues, as she looks around the boys side of the room, "Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley, will you join me." she says to Ron, having him stand in the center of the room with her.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist." she tells him, and he looks like a lost dog.

"Where?" he questions.

"My waist." she repeats, and reluctantly he does so. Some boys whistle to him and he rolls his eyes.

"Now bend your arm... Mr Filch..." she instructs, and Flich starts the music, "One two three, one two three, one two three." they show us the dance. 

"Everybody come together." she tells the rest of us, as they continue to dance. All us girls immediately stand, but none of the boys do, seeming embarrassed. "Boys, on your feet." she tells them.

And after a second the first boy to stand was Neville. But no girl moves, obviously waiting for him to approach them, but this is Neville. It was brave enough that he stood first. I walk over to him and he looks at me surprised, but I only give him a smile.

He holds out his hand for me to take , which I do and we start the dance. And slowly other boys stand and some approach girls while some girls did what I did and approach the boys.

------------------------------------------------------

I leave my common room and begin to head to a combined years class, where we had to finish the potions class essay and anything else people were told to do. Half way walking there I'm stopped by George.

"Hi, Rose, can we talk for a second?" he asks, stopping me.

"Uh, sure George. We have time before class." I says to him.

His eyes widen a fraction, "Uh, no I'm Fred." he lies.

I raise an eyebrow, "Good try, but I know you're George, not Fred." I tell him, starting to walk away, knowing he was just messing with me at this point.

He grabs my arm, stopping me again, "No, no, no. Please wait. Just, I'm, Fred. Okay?" he says, giving me a look to say go along with it.

I look at him for a second, and see his other half hiding poorly behind a corner, watching us from a distance. "Okay, if I go along, will you explain after?" I ask him, and he nods in agreement.

I sigh, "Yes Fred, what can I do for you?" I play along.

'Fred' gives me a cheeky smile, "Would you like to go to the Yule ball with me?" he asks.

My eyes widen, not expecting him to ask me that of all things. "What?" I question if I heard him correctly.

He takes a step closer to me, "Will you. Go with me. To the ball?" He asks slower, the smile not leaving his face.

"You want me, to go with you, Fred, to the Yule Ball?" I question, to clarify. And he nods. "Yeah, okay. Why not." I agree, giving him a smile.

"Fantastic. You won't regret it." he says, and goes to leave. But I grab his arm, stopping him like he did me.

"Ah, no. You agreed to explain." I remind him.

He sighs, "Okay, Fred and I agreed to ask each others dates out as the other twin. You know, less nerve racking." he sort of explains.

"Okay... but you both know I can tell you two a part, this was a silly plan." I tell him, smiling at the silly notion.

"Yeah. But you still said yes." he points out.

"Fair enough." I reply, and walk away from him.

I walk towards our class was, and where Fred was 'hiding'. I see him hide his face with his textbook. I roll my eyes but the smile doesn't leave my face. "Hi Fred." I greet walking past him.

"Hi... Wait, how'd you know it was me?" Fred asks, catching up to me, George not to fair behind.

"You're terrible at hiding. And I know you two all to well." I tell him walking into the class and take a seat across from Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

-------------------------------------------
1163 words!

Ooo the Yule ball approaches the fun stuff is about to start!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake