Chapter Ten

All four of us were in the Infirmary getting bandaged up. Hermione had her hand wrapped up to keep it from getting sprained. Ron had his leg and foot bandaged up from when Sirius had bit him, leaving him laying in the bed, and Harry was resting from encountering Dementors. I had a few scratches dressed but nothing major.

"Harry -" Hermione says once he was awake, having both of us go to his bed that was next to Ron's.

"I saw my dad." Harry tells us suddenly.

"What...?" I question, trying the understand if I heard him correctly. Our dad?

"He sent the Dementors away... I saw him. Across the lake..." He explains to us. I look at Hermione and she looks back at Ron, before we all look at Harry.

"Listen, Harry. They've captured Sirius. Any minute the Dementors are going to perform the Kiss." I explain to him calmly but quickly.

"The Kiss...?" he questions.

"It's what Dementors do to those they want to destroy. They clamp their jaws over the victim's mouth and... suck out his soul." Hermione explains further for him hesitantly.

"You mean, they're going to kill Sirius?" He asks us.

I shake my head sadly, but couldn't find it in me to explain, "No. It's worse. Much worse. You go on living. But you have no memory. No sense of self. You're just a shell. An empty shell..." Hermione tells him slowly, sadness in her tone.

As Harry looks shocked, the door opens and Dumbledore enters, gaining our attention, "Headmaster! You've got to stop them! They've got the wrong man!" Hermione tries to tell him.

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent -" Harry adds quickly

"It's Scabbers who did it! " Ron also adds on.

"Scabbers...?" Dumbledore questions.

"My rat, sir. Only he's not really Well, he was a rat. You see, he used to be my brother Percy's -" Ron tried to explain.

"The point is... we know the truth. Please, sir, you must believe us." I stop him from ranting trying to reason with Dumbledore.

"I do, Miss Potter. But I'm sorry to say the word of four thirteen-year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen." Dumbledore tells us honestly.

He turns and looks out a window, "Ah... a shooting star. If ever one was to make a wish, now would be the time. But time, I'm afraid, is precisely our problem..." Dumbledore comments, and the bell chimes telling us that it was midnight. "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And, when meddled with... dangerous. Sirius Black is in the top most cell of the Dark Tower." He tells us then looks over to Hermione and I, with a knowing look. "You know the laws, Miss Granger, Miss Potter. You must not be seen. And you would, I feel, do well to return before this last chime. If not... well, the consequences are really too ghastly to discuss. Three turns should do it, I think. If
you succeed, more than one innocent life may be spared tonight." he tells us, handing Harry, Hermione and I chocolate.

"By the way, when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin... Good luck." He tells us and leaves us be, the bells still chiming.

"What in bloody hell was all that about?" Ron asks very confused. 

Hermione and I look at one another and nod. She pulls out the necklace from under her jacket, extending the chain. And I pull Harry to go to the middle of the room with us and She puts the chain over all three of us. "Sorry, Ron. But seeing as you can't walk..." Hermione tells him, and he just looks at us confused.

Hermione turns the Time Turner 3 times just before the last chime and time around us begins to go backwards speedily. Then it stops, the room is now empty, and the sun was shining. I remove the necklace from Harry and I and hand it back to Hermione.

"What just happened? Where's Ron?" Harry asks, looking around confused.

But we don't answer him, looking towards the clock on the wall. "Seven Thirty." I read out loud.

Hermione turns to us, confused, "Where were we at seven-thirty?" she asks us.

"Huh? Dunno... going to Hagrid's?" Harry tells us, still sounding confused.

"Come on! We can't be seen!" I say, grabbing his arm and follow Hermione out of the room and towards the bridge that were on early this day.

-----------------------------------

We stop on the bridge, taking a breath. "Hermione! Rose! Will you please tell me what it is we're doing?!" Harry nearly shouts at us, still confused.

Hermione hold up a hand to him, silencing him, causing Harry to look at us annoyed. I point having him look over to see us from early from when we had confronted Draco and his goons. "But that... that's... us. This is not... normal." Harry whispers in disbelief. 

He then looks back at us looking dumbfounded. Hermione holds up the time turner. "This is a Time-Turner, Harry. McGonagall gave it to Rose and I first term. This is how we've been getting to our lessons all year." Hermione explains to Harry.

"You mean, we've gone back in time?" Harry questions, finally understanding what's going on.

"Yes. Dumbledore wanted us to return to this moment. Clearly something happened he wants us to change." I help fill in.

A smack is heard and we all turn to see the moment after Hermione had punched Draco. "Good Punch" Harry praises.

"Hurry! Malfoy's coming!" Hermione whispers pulling us out an arch to duck under the bridge. We hear the footsteps walk on the bridge, "Not a word of this to anyone, understood! I'll get that jumped up Mudblood one of these days. Mark my words..." Draco's voice could be heard as the walk past us.

I look over at Hermione to see anger in her eyes. "Hey. I can handle him. Just tell me whenever." I reassure her. she gives me a smile and a nod.

We all look around the corner to see past us walking towards Hagrid's hut. "Look. Buckbeak's still alive." Harry points out.

"Of course! Remember what Dumbledore said. If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared." Hermione reminds us.

"Buckbeak? But... how will saving Buckbeak help Sirius?" Harry questions.

I shrug, "We'll see." I tell him.

_______________________
1080 words

Let the adventure begin!

Fun news, my birthday was this weekend, I'm now 21. Its weird but cool!

Hope you enjoy this complicated time travel to come! It was interesting to write!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake