Chapter 2

Being back at Hogwarts was honestly such a relaxing feeling. After all that happened it the Quidditch World Cup, with apparent Death Eaters resurfacing and a Dark Mark being casted into the sky. It was good to be back.

The tables in the great hall were moved slightly closer together allowing a wider center walkway, meaning the Ravenclaw table was much farther away from the Gryffindor table then normal and closer to the Slytherin table.

The sorting ceremony had just ended, when Dumbledore goes to the podium. "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen..." he starts to announce to us, as Filch awkwardly runs to him, whisper something, then runs back the way he came. "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard  Tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime." Dumbledore announces, then gestures to the doors, which open a reveal a group of girls, dressed all in a light blue uniform.

They dance in. Immediately gaining all the boys attentions I noticed, seeing Ron practically droll from across the dancing french girls. Once the girls reach the end, the bow and release butterflies, as their headmistress, Madam Maxime walks in, taller than anyone else in the room, even Hagrid.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the headmaster Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore Announces after the girls sat down.

A group of older boys walk in holding bo staffs. Timely hitting the ground with them, sparks coming off them, and twirling them around themselves at times. One boy who wasn't doing what the others boys were doing was walking with his head master, making me recognize him. It was Viktor Krum. They all reach the end, and a boy practically breaths fire at the end. I look over at Ron and see him looking amazed and dumbfounded as he stared at Viktor.

Once the boys all sat down, the food appears and we all start to eat, those sitting near the visitors talking to them excitedly as it seems. I feel something hit my back, and I turn around to see Ron looking over at me.

"What?" I whisper shout to him, confused.

He points to the end of my table, I look and see that Viktor was sat there. I look back at him with a raised eyebrow. He mouths something I don't understand.

I furrow my eyebrows, now more confused. He rolls his eyes, "Go talk to him for me." he whispers to me.

"No." I whisper back to him, before turning back around.

"No, Rose." I hear him say, but I don't turn around, "Rose please..." I hear him whine, but I ignore him. I refuse to embarrass myself for his fanboy needs. Lucky for me he stops bugging me.

Once we all had finish dinner, Dumbledore once again stands, "Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." He tells us, and a soft whisper comes from the student as they buzz with excitement.

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch." Dumbledore tells us, before the charmed great hall ceiling begins to roar with thunder scaring many students. Some people scream in surprised before it is stopped by someone coming from the teachers entrance, and the sky goes back to normal.

Seeing the man, he seemed familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint where I knew him from. He walks further into the room with a limp and greets Dumbledore. After a few moments of silence, Mr. Crouch stands before the students, rather nervously.

"After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final." He tells the crowd. Which started everyone who wanted to participate to complain and some even started to boo.

"That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" George shouts, as Fred boos from next to him both rather loudly.

"Silence!" Dumbledore shouts , causing everyone to stop. He turns to a box, and waves his wand over it revealing a goblet with a blue flame. "The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun." He announces to us, before dismissing us.

________________________
911 words.

Shorter then normal but it's only the beginning, the other chapters are much more interesting.

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake