Water Fight

It was a typical night, we were both kind of quiet, spaced out, in our own little worlds. I helped her with the dishes, drying the pots and pans from our meal. As I stared out the window thinking about work, I suddenly was sprayed with water.

I jumped back, gasping in shock as she stood there, the sprayer in her hand, laughing.

I glared her down, and she sprayed me again.

"No, you don't."

She blocked the sink from me, continuing to spray me as I tried to get her back, or at least stop her.

She was laughing hard as I finally managed to pry the sprayer from her hands, getting her back.

She ran from me into the washroom, locking herself in.

"You can't hide in there forever."

"Yes I can." She called back.

I waited outside the door humming and then she opened it, dumping water from a container on me.

I screeched at the surprise, and she laughed, locking herself back in the bathroom.

"Oh no, you don't. Come out." I ponded against the door, with no use.

I went to the kitchen, filling a bowl full of water.

I patiently waited in front of the bathroom door. She opened it slightly, peering out.

"Hi there." I smiled.

"Hi," she replied innocently.

She opened it more, holding a towel as if in surrender.

I didn't care though tossing the bowl full of water on her.

She just laughed, wiping her hand over her face as if trying to dry herself.

"I'm sorry." I laughed, "But you deserved it."

"Fine." She groaned.

She pulled me to her but only ended up tickling me, which I broke free of running into the bathroom with her behind me.

"No more, no more," I told her between laughs as she backed me into the shower. "No, no, no."

I practically squealed as she reached for the tap. Before I could stop her, the shower came on, getting myself soaked, and her head.

We both laughed as she tried to blow away the water running down her face.

I grabbed her, pulling her into the shower, and falling, her on top of me.

We both laughed as she went to straddle me, kissing me as water dripped down on us.

"You look good in a wet t-shirt." She told me, looking down at me.

"Was this your plan all along?" I asked.

"No. But I am pretty happy with the development."