Window

It was early in the morning, and the room was still dark. I felt cold in the dark room and buried deeper in my blankets, not wanting to get up despite my need to go to the bathroom.

Eventually, I convinced myself to get up, finding a pair of socks to keep my feet warm from the freezing cold tile floor.

I returned from the bathroom, getting ready for the day. I knew that today could be a lazy day, as I had no classes, but I also wanted to get some homework in, and if I stayed all comfy in my pyjamas, there was no way I was getting anything done.

I opened up the bind to my window, not too shocked to see snow falling from the sky.

I smiled to myself, delighted at the sudden development, at the beauty of the white flakes falling from the sky.

The world outside my window was a true winter wonderland, the untouched snow longing to be played in.

I looked down at the snow-covered area below, a girl was all wrapped up in clothes for the cold. She looked like she was laughing as she ran in the snow. She stopped turning, putting her face up to let the snow fall on it. She moved to another pose that made me realize that someone must be taken pictures of her, but I could not see whoever it was. She laughed in the sow, making faces, and striking more poses.

I laughed, watching her from my window. She was cute.

Her head moved as if taking in all that was around her. Her eyes flickered to my window, and suddenly before I could react, she noticed me staring down at her.

I wanted to jump away or pretend I wasn't looking at her. But she just smiled and waved, I gave an awkward wave back, not sure what to do.

She twirled around in the snow, it was majestic. She laughed, smiling back up at me. She might have given me a wink, but it was hard to see.

Her head snapped to the side as if the person who was taking pictures of her had called her name. She gave me one last look, I gave another wave as she ran off, probably to retreat back inside to the warmth.