Fights

I knocked on the door reluctantly. I wasn't even sure what really happened only a few hours ago, but I knew that I needed to fix it.

Her roommate opened the door without saying much, just telling me that she was in her room.

I went into her room to find her bundled up under her fluffy blanket, lying curled up on her bed. I sighed sitting down at the foot of her bed, I wasn't even sure what to say.

She sniffled slightly and rubbed her eyes. "Did we just have our first fight?"

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's not your fault, I don't know how to handle arguments."

"I should have gone at you like that. I handled the situation all wrong. I'm sorry, I think I'm just stressed or something. Do you want to say anything?"

She shrugged under the blankets. "I don't know. I don't like fights, I avoid them."

"I've noticed."

"I'm not great at expressing my feelings."

I nodded.

"I will try not to yell at you anymore. But you have to work on telling me how you feel, okay."

"I'm trying."

"I know, and I'm proud of you."

"I just grew up in a household where we kept everything to ourselves."

I laughed lightly. "And I grew up in a household that never stopped yelling at each other."

"Looks like we're both messed up."

"That's true. Look, I got a bit too worked up, and maybe we both mishandled the situation. But we're young and still figuring things out. We had our first fight, and I still really like you. I want to work through this together."

She smiled lightly, I know that she had probably been terrified that I was going to break up with her after this.

"I know that fighting is natural, but I hate it so much."

"I do too. Want to just forget about all of this and eat ice cream."

"Yes please." She smiled.

I smiled back.

"You do realize ignoring the problem is a bad tactic, right?"

"We're young, we're allowed to make bad life decisions."