12

december 13/14

t/w: emetophobia

"i'm really g-guh-glad you're here." bill mumbled into stan's ear, stan's lips curving upward ever so slightly. bill turned stan, giving him a hug. stan hugged back. 

"okay lovers, sit down we're making gingerbread houses!" ben shouted, stan essentially ripped himself away from bill. they walked over to the table.

the losers had decided to get together for christmas, at bill's house while his parents were out for their own christmas celebrations. despite not celebrating christmas, stan was invited, and he was having a pretty good time, to be honest. 

"i call mike on my team! he's probably good at this" richie exclaimed, mike laughing heartily as he headed in richie's direction.  

"i will be the judge!" beverly said, sitting down onto the couch in bill's basement. from there it was determined the pairings would be stan and bill, eddie and ben, and richie and mike. 

they had seven minutes, it was decided. with all of the materials on the table, beverly screamed go and slammed her finger on the go button of her timer. it started off fairly well, everyone getting their pieces iced and together. but soon enough, it began to go downhill.

bill and stan's however stable, was iced very heavily to keep it together, and the icing began to bring down the pieces. the roof was caving in, pushing the walls apart. stan began to snicker as bill tried to put it back together with candy. bill was persistent, however.

ben and eddie's was doing the best. it was well planned, well iced, well put together, and it looked nice. ben was in charge of putting it together, and eddie was decorating. the two made a surprisingly good duo. 

richie and mike, on the other hand, created a surprisingly chaotic duo. richie had smushed the pieces together, and the two just laughed when it fell apart. halfway through, they formed a new plan to make a mountain. richie broke the pieces apart, and mike drizzled icing on top. the two simply cackled as the others watched in horror. 

beverly laughed with them.

"time!" beverly exclaimed, the alarm sound effect echoing her voice. they all put their hands up. eddie, stan, and bill kept their hands clean. on the other hand, richie and mike's hands were covered in icing, and ben had traces of gingerbread falling off of his hands. richie took mike's hand and licked it, mike yelping in surprise. mike wiped it on richie's shirt, who retaliated by wiping his hands on mike's face.

"i will now judge the houses on three categories! creativity, beauty, and structural integrity."  beverly said professionally, richie raising an eyebrow. 

he turned to mike, "she would be a great tv show host." mike nodded.

beverly walked around the table, inspecting them. she nodded in content at ben and eddie's, a professional looking gingerbread house. it was done quite well, especially considering the time restraint. bill and stan's was... pathetic, to be honest. she sighed and moved on, to richie and mike's. she snickered, obviously holding back a bigger laugh.  

"well," beverly made her way back to the couch, sitting down, "give the judges a moment to deliberate." 

"she knows she's the only judge, right?" eddie muttered to ben, who laughed and nodded.

"richie, if you will," richie prepared his hands to create a drumroll at beverly's words. "first place in structural integrity goes to... bendie!" richie clapped his hands together to make a cymbal noise. eddie raised an eyebrow at the name, but ben cheered.