-1-

I wake up like I do every morning and head straight to my bathroom. I brush my teeth and do my daily morning routine, which includes getting dress. Soon, I decide to head into the kitchen and make breakfast, todays were eggs on toast. Once I had finished, I got a glass of water and took my daily pills. Only two people know this, but I have been diagnosed with Bipolar and I take lithium to help with my episodes.

Today was a Tuesday meaning therapy. I grabbed my things, making sure I had my phone and purse just in case. I swiftly walk out, not wanting to be late and making sure my door is locked. I went to the elevator and pressed the button, it immediately came to my floor so I stepped in and waited. After going down three floors, it stopped again, this time three guys walked in, one of which I see everyday. They smiled at me and I just looked away. "Hi, I'm Cal, how are you?" A guy with brown hair asked me.

"Oh um, I'm alright," I said and turned my focus to the buttons. The lights flickered. I felt the lift stop with a halt. I looked around and the guy's conversation had stopped. "Oh great," I whispered and took out my phone, it had no service. I had 15 minutes before my session started.

"Well this is awkward," a guy with blond hair said. I immediately turned my attention to him. "I'm Freezy and this is Harry"

"Nice to meet you" I said once again looking away.

"You don't have much enthusiasm," Cal said.

"You can't say that man," Freezy said. I just got my phone out and attempted to ring my therapist but I still have no signal. "Need to be somewhere?"

"Er- yeah," I said playing with my phone. We stood in silence until the guys started talking to each other. I began to itch my thumb with my ring finger, it's something I do when stressed.

"Your bleeding," Cal said.

"Oh um- oh yeah," I said looking at my hand. The lift suddenly began moving again. I could feel that we were going down. I checked the time and I had 5 minutes. Once we got to the ground floor, I ran out of the lift and to therapy.

After an hour, I exited the room and walked back to my apartment. On the way, I saw the guys from the lift with a few other guys and they were all holding cameras. Freezy noticed me and tapped Harry's shoulder and he turned around to face me. He smiled as I turned away and walked into the flat. I pressed the lift button and waited for it. I heard shouting come from behind me so I looked and it was those guys with the cameras but this time, they weren't filming. I immediately recognised one of the guys in the group. "Josh?" I asked.

"Lexi?" He said. "How are you?" I just shrugged. "Are you still taking them?" He was the other person that knew apart from my therapist.

"Yeah," I said and he nodded. He used to be my brothers best friend before he was killed in a car crash, then afterwards, I stayed with his family for a while until I moved out. So now I class him as my brother.

"You too know each other?" Freezy asked. And Josh nodded.

"We used to live together for a bit, until I moved out," he said. "And then when she moved out, we just haven't talked."

"I'm sorry, I just w-" I began.

"I'm not looking for an apology what so ever, I understand remember, as long as you promise me to take them," he said.

"I'm not my mum, I can control myself enough to remember," I began to get frustrated.

"Listen, you are nothing like her, your-" he began.

"I don't need to hear it right now," I interrupted. He knew not to push me any further. I heard a ding come from behind me and I turned around and walked into the lift. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap," I said and he just nodded.

"It's fine, honestly. In fact, why don't you come to their apartment so you guys can get to know each other," he asked.

"I'm going to go to the field and either play some football or practice floor," I said.

"Football? Well will join you," he said and I nodded.

"I've just been for a meeting though and i need to get changed first, so I will meet you down there," I said and they all agreed, they also said they would get the balls. I quickly run to my flat and got changed into some nike shorts and a sports bra, along with a hoodie.

I got a bag and put my football boots in and a scrunchy by around my wrist. I finally put my trainers on and walked to the field. They were all there and they were all kicking one of the guys. I walked over to them, and they turned their attention to me. "Hello" Josh said. Hi just smiled at him. "Let's do a game of 5v5, you choose who you want on your team"

"Oh, um okay.. Josh, Harry, Freezy and you" I said pointing to a blond guy.

"I'm Simon" he introduced. "That means, Tobi, Cal, JJ, Ethan and Vik on the other team"

We all came into a group huddle to decide on who's going in goal, after a few minutes they decided on Freezy. The other team had chosen Tobi and we started. I immediately got passed the ball by Simon and I ran to their half. A small guy with bushy eyebrows tried to get the ball from my but I easily dodged him and he fell over. I ran over to the goal and took A shot and it went in I did my signature celebration which was two back handspring, full. The end result ended to be 5-2 to us and I scored 2 of our goals. Our team came over and we hugged. "Come round to Harry's?" Josh asked me.

"I don't know, I doubt they want to hang around with me," I said and laughed.

"Of course they do," he said whilst we walked to the side to get my bag. I looked over at the group.

"Sometimes I'm just better off alone, the guys seem happy. They don't need me," I said.

"Please, for me."

"Joshua- I cant and you know that," I said.

"No your just scared," he said, "you need to trust people"

"I want to, but when they find out about the real me, they leave, that's why I started going to therapy. It's hasn't helped me." I said.

"They will understand, trust me. I know them inside and out, they won't tell anyone and they won't judge" he said.

"Even Lucas judged," I said, and silence filled the air. It was the uncomfortable silence though. I began thinking about the time I told him I was bipolar.

Flashback:

"Lucas, can I tell you something," I asked.

"Yeah one second let me finish this game." He said and I sat there for another couple of minutes. "Yo, what did you need."

"Well today, I went to see someone and-" I took a deep breath. "I'm bipolar" I said and his face instantly dropped.

"Your what?" He asked again, "do you understand how much this will ruin my life. All I wanted was a normal sister and I got you,"

"Lucas, it's still me," I said.

"No, no it's not. You've changed, your not the sister I used to have" he said and then walked out of the room, a few tears left my eyes.

After about 45 minutes I got a call, saying that he had passed away from a car crash. I burst out crying. It's all my fault...

This is my new story, I want to warn you about language, mature themes, mention of suicide and self harm and also bipolar episodes.

I'm not trying to upset or draw attention to those with bipolar, I am writing it to 1. Show people's differences and how there's nothing wrong with it and 2. To show awareness for it because I feel like it is something that people look over as 'weird' when I know as much as everyone else that it doesn't make them any less of a person.

My best friend was bipolar but she moved away and we didn't have any contact, so this goes out to her, even though she will never see this.

Thank you and hope you will support this story and most importantly enjoy it.

sistasalty💓