Chapter 17

"It took 8 seconds before you all shut up. That's not gonna work. Time is precious. Rational student would understand that." The teacher stood up and came out of the sleep bag.

It looks like the erasing hero, EraserHead.

"Hello I'm Shota Aizawa, your teacher." He said very monotone.

Everyone gasped.

Did they not see that coming?

"Right. Let's get to it. Put these on and head outside." He sounded like he hasn't slept in ages.

Outside.

"What? A quirk assessment test?!" Everyone asked.

I was standing next to glasses. I kind of needed to be in the front or I wouldn't see anything.

"But orientation! We're gonna miss it!" The girl that was talking to Deku earlier spoke up.

"If you really want to make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies." Aizawa paused.

"Here at UA we're not tethered to traditions. That means I get to run my class however I see fit."

Oh wow.

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives but you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before." He showed us a phone with a list on it.

"The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day the Ministry of Education will learn." He explained. Then he looked at me.

"Bakugo and (L/n) had the most points on the entrance exam. Bakugo. What was your farthest distance thrown with a softball when you were in Junior High?"

"67 meters I think." Bakugo responded.

I crossed my arms.

Hey I got the most points too! Maybe because he earned more combat points. I hope that's it.

"Right. Now try doing it with your quirk. Anything goes just stay in the circle." Aizawa moved back.

"Go on. You're wasting our time." Aizawa walked back to where we are letting Bakugo be in the front.

Oh okay yeah. I'm fine with not being in the front.

"Alright man you asked for it." Bakugo stretched.

He threw the ball while adding the explosion to the back of it sending it flying. It looked like a meteor flying across space.

My eyes widened as I saw the ball disappear.

Welp the ball's gone I guess it's over...

The ball landed on the floor and Aizawa showed us the distance of it.

705 meters holy crap.

"705 meters are you kidding me?!" Kaminari asked.

"I want to go! It looks like fun! Right (Y/n)?!" Mina jumped on me.

I nodded.

"This is what I'm talking about. Using our quirks as much as we want!" The plain face guy yelled.

"So this looks fun huh?" Our teacher gave off that scary anime vibe.

"You have three years here to become a hero. You think it's going to be all games and playtime?Idiots." He smiled.

"Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none and will be expelled immediately." He continued

He might just be saying that so we can work harder, right?

Deku looked like he was about to shit his pants.

What's he hiding?

"Like I said, I get to decide on how the class runs. Understand? If that's a problem you can head back home right now!" Aizawa brushed his hair back that was in his face.

I smiled.

Finally.

I looked over at Bakugo to see him smiling as well.

I'm finally going to show that I'm better than Bakugo!

I'm ready for this.

"You can't send one of us home! I mean we just got here! Even if it wasn't the first day that isn't fair!" Uraraka spoke up again.

Life's not fair. Just don't be last.

I finally learned her name ha.

"Oh and you think natural disasters are? The power hungry villains? Hm? Catastrophic accidents that wipe out whole cities? The world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to try and combat that unfairness. If you want to be a pro, you have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years, UA will throw one terrible hardship at you after another. So go beyond. Plus Ultra style." He motioned his finger to back and forth.

"Show me that it's no mistake that you are here!" He smiled.

I'm here for a reason!

Time skip to right before the test ended. (sorry if you wanted to read that part.)

"If Midoriya doesn't shape up soon he's the one going home." Iida said while crossing his arms.

"Huh? Of course he is! He's a quirkless loser!" Bakugo shouted.

"He has a quirk. Did you not hear about what he did in the entrance exam?" Iida asked.

"Huh?!" Bakugo replied.

"It's true." I added in.

"See? Even  the midget knows!" He pointed to me.

I looked at Deku to see him just staring at the floor.

We don't have all day.

He threw the ball and I saw Aizawa's hair rise.

"46 meters!" The machine rung.

"I erased your quirk. The judges for this exam we not rational enough. Someone like you should never be allowed to enroll for this school." He started getting quieter to the pointer couldn't hear him.

Deku was about to throw again.

"I bet he's telling him to pack up." Bakugo whispered to me.

"Uh Huh." I agreed.

In the end, Deku placed last and I placed 3rd.

Damn it.

(A/N) HAPPY NATIONAL ANIME DAY!