Chapter 2

(I imagine Gwen as Lucy Hale because Lucy Hale is really pretty so yeah)

Gwendolyn

I stood behind Alex as he unlocked the door to his hotel room. It was a nice hotel, 5 star I would guess. As I stepped inside I gaped at the large room and looked around. It was nice, really nice, it had that homey feel to it.

"How can you afford this?" I asked and looked around again I was so intrigued by the patterns of the wallpaper and the cloud like look on the bed.

"Uh you know, work." He said causally. I walked towards the bed and pushed my hand down on it and smiled, it was so soft and heaven like, I would surely fall asleep once my back hit it.

"What kind of work?" I questioned further. I didn't want to seem nosey, but I think that failed. He looked kind of tense, nervous so to say. Was it because I was here? I didn't want to make myself nervous so I just stood there motionless.

"Just work nothing really, anyway umm i'll lay out some of my clothes for you to wear and if you need to shower it's right around that corner.." He trailed off and stopped almost as if he were thinking of something.

"I'm just gonna go..uh take that shower." I said quickly and walked away. It was definitely awkward, I wasn't expecting it to be amazing or comfortable. I walked into the bathroom and shut the door and leaned against. I only knew the dude for an hour, but there was something about him that just seemed off. I could tell by his posture, him rubbing the back of his neck, the tapping fingers showing a nervous tic. I didn't want to pry and I wasn't going to, but it just made me wonder.

I ran my hand under the water to test the heat and stepped in. Even as I massage the shampoo through my hair, I'm still wondering if I've made the right choice. Was getting off the ledge and going with Alex the right thing to do? A complete stranger who had no idea who I was but helped me anyway, talked me out of it even though he had no idea who I was?

When I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself I found no clothes on the counter. Did I seriously not think to bring clothes with me? The thought of walking out in a towel was kind of embarrassing. I didn't want him to see me like this, yet I didn't want to pull on the dirty clothes that I've discarded on the bathroom floor. It was a long shot choice but I did it anyway and walked out clutching the towel like a death grip to make sure it didn't fall.

"Hey I was wondering when....oh." I heard Alex say as I appeared. I felt my face flush and I suddenly it felt really hot. I smiled nervously and looked down at my bare feet. "I uh forgot to bring clothes in." I whispered.

He had a look of realization on his face and hurried over to his suitcase like it was an emergency. Well it kind of was, the only thing guarding me was a loose towel and I didn't want that.

He stood back up and walked over to me with a smile on his face. Why was he smiling?

He handed me a pile of clothes and walked back over to the bed. I walked into the bathroom again and stripped my towel. Without even looking at the clothes I pulled them on and walked out. He was channel surfing through the tv when I reappeared and put the remote down when he saw me.

"Hi." He said as I crawled into the bed. I waved and he smiled.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked as I made myself comfortable. I shook my head and stayed quiet. I didn't want to talk about my personal problems with a total stranger. But I did have one question nagging my mind all night as I laid there.

"Why were you even on the road at that time of night?" I spat out. As soon as I realized I slapped a hand over my hand and my eyes went wide. Stupid, stupid, stupid that's none of my business I shouldn't have pried.

"Well I went out to the bar with a bunch of my friends and lost a game of rock, paper, scissors so I was the designated driver but by the end of the night I was done sitting in a tight pack club so I went outside to get some air and saw them getting into a taxi, so I left. And...that's where you come in." He explained. I couldn't help but smile a little because of the situation that made him stay sober in the first place.

"Well I never got a chance to thank you because I was a bitch and snapped at you." I admitted sheepishly, it was slightly embarrassing that I was in the same room as the person who basically saved my life. He waved his hand and shook his head.

"It's no problem really, but do you mind if I ask a question now?" He asked and looked into my eyes. As I stared right back into his, I could see the light and dark contrast of his brown eyes. I merely nodded before he took a deep breath. "What's your reason for wanting to do that?"

There it was. The dreaded question that I didn't know how to answer. It would sound completely ridiculous to say 'because it seemed like the right thing to do.' It's basically like being in an interrogation room being questioned for murder answering the question 'why'd you kill him?' With a 'cause he took my cookie.' It makes no sense.

Deep inside I knew the main reason was because of my deep hatred for not only myself, but the world I live in. I wanted to be normal and have fun, but having parents as wealthy socialites didn't necessarily work out in my favor.

"I couldn't take it anymore. I just couldn't, I hate myself, I hate my life I just wanted to die." I answered. The conversation suddenly had a sad feel to it and I didn't want to talk anymore.

"You look exhausted, lets go to sleep, i'll go sleep on the couch." He said as he got up. Part of me really wanted him to stay, and another part of me felt like pushing him back so I could take the couch.

"Wait! Can you stay please? I just don't feel like being alone." I pleaded as he turned his back. He turned around and had a smile on his face. He nodded and climbed in back next to me.

It wasn't hard for me to fall asleep that night, and as I did, I felt safer and a sense of happiness.