Chapter 28

•been a while since I did Alex's pov•

Alex

I'm totally lying if I say my heart didn't break a little bit when she didn't say I love you back. I didn't plan for any of this to happen. I might've been totally inebriated by the amount of alcohol I stupidly consumed but I remember clearly not falling asleep next to her. And I was really surprised when I saw who it was, sleeping peacefully next to me. A girl who I once thought I loved so much.

•flashback•

My eyes squinted from the light outside of the curtain of my bunk and I just knew from that I shouldn't have had that much to drink.

"I'm so stupid." I whispered to myself and rolled over. It was only then did I feel two arms wrap around my middle half and leave light kisses along my shoulder blade. I didn't remember falling asleep next to Gwen.

"Morning babe." She said. It was because I didn't fall asleep next to Gwen. I remembered that voice from anywhere. I started to panic and turned around hoping to find an unfamiliar person with the same voice but to no avail.

"You need to leave, you need to leave." I kept repeating over and over.

"Why I thought you would've wanted me back." She said and climbed out of the bunk. I shook my head quickly and turned over facing the wall to try to control my breathing and the pounding in my head. I was really hoping Gwen didn't see this and get the wrong idea. And if she did how do I explain it? I was stuck.

"Listen Alex, I just wanted to say I'm sorry-"

"You need to leave, you need to leave, out, out, please get out." I interrupted and hid my head under my pillow not daring to move until I heard her leave. Once I heard the bus door close, I got up to go wash up. I was so dizzy, I didn't think I could take another step without the contents of my stomach making themselves known.

After I finished I walked out and sat on the couch not daring to move until Gwen got back. I was really starting to worry, I didn't know if she saw it or not but that was least of my worries I just wanted her back. After about an hour the bus door opened and Jack walked in followed by Gwen.

"I've been worried sick!" I said and hugged her. She said still not daring to make a move.

"I went to church with Jack." She answered and still didn't make a move to embrace me and pulled away.

Jack? Go to church? I gave him a confused look and he just shrugged and sat down. "I'm gonna go for a walk." Gwen said. Before I could get a chance, she just walked off.

"Who's the girl Alex?" Jack said once she walked out the door.

"Wh-what girl?" I stuttered and pulled at the collar of my shirt.

"You know what I'm talking about." He said and crossed his arms. And that's when I knew I was caught.

"I didn't sleep with her Jack I swear! I didn't even fall asleep next to her." I snapped and tears filled my eyes.

"Who's the girl Alex?" He repeated again. It was rare for me to break down and cry over something like this.

"Amanda." I whispered.

•end of flashback•

"Earth to Alex!" Jack said and waved his hand in front of my face. I shook my head and looked at him.

"We aren't playing today, what do you wanna do in the Big Apple?" Jack asked. I didn't really want to do anything.

"Sit here." I said and slouched further into the couch. I heard him sigh and before I could say anything Vic stormed into our bus with a panicked look on his face.

"Woah woah, Vic what's got you all worked up?" I asked as he started pacing. He was whispering something but it was incoherent to me.

"Got to find, got to find her." He repeated to himself louder this time.

"I'll be in my bunk." Jack said and went to his bunk. I looked back Vic and saw his pained expression.

"Vic tell me, just calm down ok, tell me who you have to find." I said and stood in front of him. It didn't stop his nervous tactics as he started to bite his nails.

"Gwen, gotta find Gwen." He said to himself. I swear my heart stopped for a moment.

"Where's Gwen Vic! Vic where's is she!" I almost yelled. I shook his shoulders and but he didn't reply.

She could be anywhere in the city. She was born and raised here so I know that she knew her way around. One place stuck out in my mind though. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't that far from here.

"I know where she is." I whispered and ran out. Vic followed close behind.

"Wait! Where!" He yelled and walked next to me.

"You'll see." I said and tugged him by him arm there. It wasn't that long of a walk. Considering it was a fast pace walk and only took ten minutes. I thought it was pretty good timing.

"Why are we at a bridge?" He asked and looked around. He didn't notice it, but I did. The slouched over figure sitting and staring at the water.

I walked up to her and just looked at her figure. She looked so fragile.

"I'm not gonna do it, if that's what you're thinking." Was all she said. Did she really think that I would think that?

"That's not what I thinking at all." I said.

"What's going on?" Vic asked as he walked up next to me.

"Oh my god! Gwen please! We can talk about this!" He yelled and pushed me.

"Do something!" He yelled.

"I'm not gonna do anything!" She yelled and sat there.

"Well then what are you doing there?" He asked. She leaned her side against the bar and continued to look forward.

"Thinking." Was all she said.

"About?" Vic asked.

"Life. I mean, I was so happy. I had the perfect boyfriend, and some awesome friends, a good job. No matter annoying it was it was helpful. All I can think about now, is the fact that everything is going downhill. I found my boyfriend in bed with someone else. My friend convinced me to stay somewhere I don't want to be, and to pile that all on top of everything my life could possibly be ruined because I think I might be pregnant!" She yelled and covered her mouth. "Oh shit." She added. Oh shit was definitely right.