Chapter 29

Gwendolyn

I didn't plan for this to happen at all. I mean yeah, I'm 24 on to 25 in a little over a week and I was certainly old enough, but I wasn't ready. I really wasn't. Especially in this time when everything was so mixed up and confusing and dim. Ever since I was a little girl, I've wanted a family, a husband, a couple of children. It's every girls dream after marriage. While every girl was planning their dream wedding, I was planning my dream family. Money, business, phone calls would never separate. It was love and affection and just a good overall aura.

That was all planned for when I was at least close to thirty. It was terrible timing. Absolutely terrible. Alex on tours, gone most of the year, me settling down, finally getting a stable job. It just wasn't the time. Not to forget the fact that Alex and I haven't even been dating for 4 months yet and I've managed to slip up and fool around a little to much carelessly ending with me getting knocked up. I didn't mean for it to slip out when I was on my rant earlier today, and I didn't mean for it to end that way. I went back to Pierce The Veil's bus waiting for at least some recognition that he wasn't angry or had second thoughts about our relationship.

I wasn't even that close to the guys from Pierce The Veil, but they comforted me and had movie day with me. They were all really nice.

"I know this is all too much for you to handle, but one question has been on my mind for a couple hours now." Vic said as the movie credits to some chick flick I wasn't paying attention to rolled up. I was to busy thinking about the collateral damage that came with this.

"I'm game to answer questions, shoot." I said and sat up.

"I mean, I don't mean this in an offensive way, but like, are you sure?" He said quietly and looked up from his hands.

"I mean, I didn't take a test or anything, but like I missed my time and waited a couple days, but nothing happened so I just assumed." I said and started shaking my leg.

"I can go get one with you if you'd like." Tony offered. He was a shy one, but always wanted to help. I just simply nodded and Vic gave me a confused look.

"Your time?" He asked. Oh god now it was really awkward.

"Oh Jesus Vic how stupid are you, she means her period!" Mike yelled and pushed Vic. Vic pouted and crossed his arms like a child and sat there not saying anything but muttering a simple apology.

"I'd like to go to the store now please." I whispered and got up. Tony got up with me and followed me out. No one stopped me, but I felt their stares.

I was relieved when I got out of the bus. I never liked being the center of attention and when I was I always ran from the situation.

"So you're from the city, do you know any good pharmacies around here?" Tony asked trying to make conversation.

Don't get me wrong I loved Tony, he was such a good person, but I didn't really want to talk about the current situation. Obviously I had no choice.

"Um yeah, there should be one right around the corner." I said and turned right.

This was all really nerve wracking for me. I didn't have Alex and I was still partially mad at him for what happened just days before. I had a feeling, a gut feeling that he knew who that girl was and I wasn't done with it yet.

I saw a local pharmacy up ahead and my feet seemed to walk faster than I wanted them to and before I knew it I entered the sliding doors.

"Are you ready for this?" Tony asked and I simply nodded and walked in. I made my way to the feminine care aisle and looked.

Pregnancy tests were getting so complex these days. There's ones that tell you before your missed period now, little late for that one. I went for a simple one and looked at Tony, who looked really goddamn awkward to be in an aisle with a bunch of different brands of tampons, pads and pregnancy tests.

"Sorry." I said awkwardly and walked with him to the check out.

"It's fine, just not my scene." He said smiling.

"Obviously." I sassed and walked up to the cashier. She was young, maybe late teens, early twenties. She scanned the item and looked up.

"That'll be 7.99." I handed her a ten and she gave me my change and receipt.

"Good luck." She said as I picked it up. I looked up at her and smiled.

"Thank you." I whispered and walked with Tony back to the bus. The walk there seemed to take longer than the walk back and I already found myself walking up the steps to the bus. Jaime and Mike were playing a video game and Vic was sitting next to them on his phone.

"Hey." Vic said as I walked on. Jaime and Mike were to entranced by the game. I walked off to the small bathroom with my bag and took a deep breath.

After I took the test, I washed my hands and walked out with the test in my hand and paced around the back lounge. The more I thought about the more attached I grew. There could be a possible human growing inside of me. That's insane. I have the income to take care of a child. I have the house and a backyard. But I didn't know if I had the dad with me 100%.

Vic walked in and smiled. "Hey." He greeted.

"Hey what are you doing back here?" I asked as he sat down.

"I thought you could use the moral support." He said with a shrug.

"So how much longer?" He asked.

I looked down at the timer and widened my eyes "a minute."

"So what if it's positive?" He asked. I shrugged and looked down. Time was so slow when it came to these.

"I've always wanted a family. With the current situation and timing is just terrible, but the more I think about it, the more attached I get." I said and looked down.

The timer beeped and I grabbed Vic's hand out of reflex. I pulled away after I realized and looked at him "sorry." Whispered and let go. But he grabbed my hand again and held it as I looked down at the test.

That little stick held my future in it's hands. I would be a mom or I wouldn't. Alex would be a dad or he wouldn't. Even a little minus sign would change the future, it was an experience and a damn difficult one. As I kept stalling I realized that, I want to be a mom. I want this to happen. Timing isn't always going to be correct and hard times come and good times go, I had to be ready for whatever the outcome.

"So?" Vic asked as he squeezed my hand.

I looked down at the test and flipped it over and sighed as my eyes filled with tears.

"I'm pregnant."