Chapter 6

Gwendolyn

I was in pure shock to see Alex dressed to kill in the fanciest restaurant in the city. I hadn't seen him in over three weeks, three weeks since he convinced me to get off the bridge, three weeks since he up and left me in a hotel room, three weeks without seeing his face. I was so excited to see him. I jumped up from my seat and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I missed you." I whispered into his neck. I felt him relax and hold me tighter. I felt safe, I felt secure in his embrace.

"I missed you to, so much." He whispered in my hair. I was surprised that he felt the same way, I thought that he would've thought I was absolutely crazy for missing him even though I've only known him for a short amount of time.

"I didn't expect to meet you here, or let alone see you again what're you doing here?" I asked. I knew he was going to be in the city a couple days prior to the concert, but I didn't think he would be sitting in this very restaurant.

He was hesitant really. I don't think he knew that I knew already and was trying to come up with a lie on the spot. I decided it was best to not let him suffer and I leant in close to his ear and whispered "I know Alex Gaskarth." And pulled back. His eyes widened and his cheeks turned a rosy red.

"H-How did you find out?" He stuttered and looked down. I think he was expecting a bad reaction, but truth be told I wasn't angry anymore. I've seen what fangirls are like and how mean they could really be and I didn't want to do that to him. He's getting enough shit.

"Gwendolyn?" I heard beside me. Oh my god! I totally forgot that my mom was here. She's going to be so mad now.

"Who's this dear?" She was sweet, but only because Alex was around, as soon as he would walk away or part ways I would surely get it. 'Oh you're being so rude! How dare you not introduce me.' I didn't want to hear it.

"Oh..um Alex, this is my mother Valerie. Mom this is-"

"I'm Alex, Alex Gaskarth, Gwen's boyfriend." My eyes widened and my mouth fell agape. Did he really just lie to my mother? I mean I understood that he had the manners to introduce himself, but like that!

"Oh what a pleasure to meet you! Gwen didn't mention having a boyfriend." Because I don't. She smiled wide and looked at me. The fire in her eyes told me she was beyond pissed. I was in trouble.

"Well I really should be going now," she got up and kissed my cheek "be ready and packed next Saturday by 10 to catch your plane dear, we'll be in contact." And just like that she walked away. Out of sight, out of mind. I rolled my eyes and Alex started laughing.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" I said and crossed my arms. He had no reason to be laughing. I glared at him and he immediately shut up and had a straight face. He looked partially scared actually.

"Never mind that, hey I just got done with a meeting, lets walk." He suggested and grabbed my hand. Well I guess I don't have a choice. The next thing he did was completely unexpected, he laced his fingers through mine and smiled.

"I was really upset when you left." I admitted as we walked back to my apartment. It was a nice night, but absolutely freezing for it almost being spring time.

He sighed and you could see his breath from the cold air. "I was upset about leaving. I wanted to wake you up, say goodbye, but the call came last minute and you only got 3 hours of sleep, as did I, I thought I could just let you sleep." He explained. Letting me sleep? Was that really the best excuse he had for just leaving me there, upset, wondrous.

"So how'd you find out about the band?" He asked. What kind of question was that, I wouldn't need to find out about the band if it weren't for him keeping it a secret.