Chapter 15

Gwendolyn

"Sir....no...no sir..."

"Well i'll tell you something miss, I spent a decent amount of money on that phone and it doesn't work."

"Sir...it's not my fault you dropped it in the urinal at work, I can replace it easily."

"Great! Cause that'll fix everything! My work stuff is all on that phone!"

"Your sarcasm really isn't helping right now sir-"

"I'll tell you something! Maybe when your company is done being-" I hung up and laid my head down on the table. It was times like this I really hated this job. It wasn't my fault in the slightest that he was talking on the phone while using the urinal, why he would even do that in the first place is beyond my knowledge. I don't even want to know.

"Rough day?" I lifted my head to see Val, she was my secretary. The very one that transferred that call to me.

"You have no idea, I mean people are so fucking rude!" I started my rant and she covered my mouth with her hand and shushed me.

"Don't girl. You stress too much about this stuff, in fact," she took my hand and lifted me up from the chair and pushed me towards the door "go home to your boyfriend," she teased "i'll do the paperwork just go, i'll make sure the douche gets a new phone."

Before I could say another word she shut my office door in my face. I wanted to object. I have nothing against seeing Alex, it's just that we've both been so busy, the only we've been able to do was text each other all day. I was a workaholic and I knew it. I had to get my work done, and then when I finished that I wanted to get ahead and start to get ahead on more even if I had no work to do.

With hesitation I walked to the elevator and pushed the button.

"I KNOW I DON'T STILL SEE YOU HERE GWENDOLYN!!" I spun around and saw Val walking towards me, her heels clicking awfully fast. Intimidating really. When the elevator doors opened I saluted and ran in.

"AS YOU CAN SEE IM LEAVING!" I yelled as the doors closed. The annoying elevator music rang through my ears and it made my head hurt. Maybe I could see Alex tonight. I was free tonight whether I liked it or not.

As I made my way to my car I had a strange feeling of excitement. It was six in the evening and I was actually on my way home. I was normally on my way home at ten pm. This was a strange feeling for me. For once I found myself liking it. I even started singing on the car on the way home.

"CAUSE I GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY! AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME!!" I finished as I pulled into the driveway.

As I walked to my door I sang and danced a little bit. My happiness was probably really noticeable. Like I have neighbors and I'm not sure if I should just stop or..they can deal.

I dropped my keys in the little bowl and stripped my coat and ditched my heels and walked to the kitchen to make popcorn.

"American horror story, you and me have a little date tonight." I whispered as I took out the scolding bag of just popped popcorn.

"But I had something planned." I heard from behind me. I think I jumped half way in the air and the popcorn went every where, all over the floor, just, a big mess of popcorn became of my kitchen. I turned around and faced Alex with a frown on my face.

"My popcorn!" I whined and crossed my arms. Yes I know, I was acting like a child, but that was good popcorn! Actually the first non burnt bag I've made in a solid three years.

"Stop whining tonight is going to be amazing! Wanna know why?" He said and walked closer.

"What could possibly be better than American horror story and popcorn?" I said and smirked. He mocked hurt and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Well my dear, that would be a date with your handsome, amazing and whimsical boyfriend aka me." He gloated. "So get dressed and meet me downstairs." He said and pushed me towards the stairs.