Chapter 35 part I

•so there's two parts to this chapter and the next one will still count to being chapter 36 =^.^= enjoy!•

*a month later*

Gwendolyn

Being a pregnant lady means that I have different moods during different times of the week based on what I liked. I've been in an extremely erratic Disney theme mood the past month and watched all the Disney Princesses movies, twice. Which means obviously that my baby's room was a Disney themed room. Not only was I proud of it, but so was Alex. This is exactly what I wanted and it's exactly how I had it. I loved it. If I could, I'd probably sleep on here if Alex didn't whine to me every night about cuddling. I was constantly folding and re-folding onesies, bibs, putting pacifiers in color order, basically just making sure everything was absolutely perfect. I was big now. Like huge. I couldn't tie my shoes and considering that it was near the end of winter and couldn't even see my feet made me very angry because it was almost toe nail painting season.

"Gwen? Babe, come to bed, cuddle with me I'm cold." Alex whined and opened his arms in a hug.

"I'm just making sure everything is perfect for Kaylee when she arrives." I said dismissively and propped a pillow up more. He rolled his eyes and walked towards me

"You've been stressing all week. Just come and cuddle with me." He said softly and kissed me.

"I guess I could come to bed now." I said with a hint of a smile on my face. He pulled me to the bedroom and I went over to my side of the bed while he went to his side. He laid next to me holding my hand and humming an unfamiliar tune to me and smiling.

"Whatcha humming?" I asked and turned my head towards him.

"One of our songs that I think would be absolutely perfect for us." He said and squeezed my hand. Then he started singing and I smiled.

'I don't wanna say goodnight the city comes alive when were together why can't Thursday last forever, I don't wanna say goodnight I've never been so sure, just do it for the memories do it for Baltimore.'

I grabbed his hand and placed on my stomach. "She likes it." I whispered

He kissed my stomach and leaned back up.

"Good because there's many more songs where that came from." He said with a smile.

"Why that song though?" I questioned. My curiosity had gotten the best of me. I didn't want to seem rude, I loved the song, but I couldn't help but wonder.

"Remember when we first met. Like very first met?" He asked. It wasn't one of my most fondest memories. We didn't meet on the best circumstances and I started to feel really bad. I sullenly nodded and he lifted my chin.

"It was on a Thursday morning, at three in the morning and no matter the circumstance I swear, when I was with you the city lights were alive. That moment I knew that you were my only one, an inspiration." He finished with a crack in his voice.

And it was in that moment that the meeting we had was no longer negative to us. It represented a new start for the both of us. "I love you." was all I said before I felt a lurch in my stomach and opened my mouth, but no sound came out.

"Woah are you ok?" He asked and lifted me up into a sitting position. I nodded and laid back down.

"Just a little cramp, nothing too serious." I brushed off and smiled.

"Well can you sleep?" He asked I looked at the time and saw how late it was. Nearly one in the morning. I simply nodded and cuddled up to him.

I felt safe in his arms, they were inviting, warm, inviting. I loved falling asleep in his embrace.