Chapter 37 (epilogue)

*2 months later*

Gwendolyn

I stood there with my bags next to me and Mackenzie in my arms as I cried. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay here with my baby. I loved her so much I just wanted to spend all of my time with her.

"C'mon babe, we're going to be late for our flight." Alex whispered in my ear. I handed her over to Jack and Rian and smiled. I can't believe I was leaving my baby with Jack and Rian. I could've chosen anybody, but Alex suggested the most mature one and the least mature one of his band to watch my daughter for three days.

Alex suggested that before he goes back on tour in a couple months that we take a little vacation. Obviously at first I declined because I didn't want to leave my daughter, but when he suggested going back home to the city for a couple of days, I reluctantly agreed. I couldn't just leave and not cry. I knew leaving Mackenzie would make me upset. I just didn't want to do it. But Alex was right, a couple days to ourselves would surely do us some good.

"Don't worry Gwen, we got this, it's only a couple days." Jack said and waved his hand off like it was no big deal.

"Ok, ok, we've been through the rules right? She takes a nap every day after lunch, there's bottles of formula in the fridge heat those up and test it on your wrist-"

"Gwen. Chill." Rian interrupted. "You're acting like we've never taken care of a baby before."

"Because you haven't!" I exclaimed and waved my arms around. Rian rolled his eyes and Jack handed Kenzie to him.

"As I recall Alex said that you're going to be late." Jack sassed and stood in front of Rian.

"Everything will be fine I promise." Jack whispered and put his hands on my shoulders. He turned me around and pushed me out the door and slammed the door behind me. I sighed and looked up at Alex.

"This is killing me too babe." He said and kissed my forehead.

We stood there for a few minutes trying to find the will to leave before he grabbed both of our suitcases and put them in the trunk.

"What time is it?" He asked and closed the trunk. I looked down at my phone and looked back up "8:34." I answered.

His eyes widened "fuck." He dragged out and leaned against the car door.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked and ran over to him.

"We might've maybe missed our flight." He said quietly and tapped his fingers on the car door.

"It's all my fault. Now everything is ruined and, ugh, I just wanted to give you a couple days." He said and stood up.

"No, no Alex it's mine, I was just going on and on about Mackenzie and I made us late." I said and put my hand on his shoulder.

"You're a mom, you're supposed to freak out like that." He said quietly.

"Hey Alex?" I said, he looked up at me and I could just see the sadness in his eyes. I can tell that he really wanted this to be perfect. I felt bad now.

"Road trip." Was all I said before I got into the passenger side of the car and turned it on. I looked back at him with a smile and saw a smile creep onto his face. He jumped into the drivers side and looked at me.

"You're the best you know that?" He asked and turned towards me. I smile and kissed his cheek.

"I remember." I said and he started the car.

"This is going to be the most boring six hours ever, but I'm with you so it's worth it." He said and put his hand on my thigh. "New York City here we come."