Chapter 12

Gwendolyn

I staring at the house amazed. This was where I would be living? I can't believe this. It's so...big, especially for just one person.

"Well....do you like it?" My dad asked hopefully. I liked it, in fact I loved it, but it was so big for just one person. I would surely get lonely.

"I-I love it.." I stuttered and trailed off. I turned around and looked at my parents smiling faces. They each had a look of accomplishment on their faces, I was sure that they felt the same.

"But-" I started but was cut off by my dad

"Oh darling don't start with the buts, we paid off the whole house for you." He complained. Well why'd they buy it if he was just going to complain? I sighed, I hated when he complained, he always sounded really snobby and you could just tell he was rich.

"No no I love it, but don't you think that it's a little too big for just one person?" I asked quietly. It was silent before I looked up and saw their faces, they burst out into laughter and my dad doubled over holding his knee and my mother holding her stomach. I don't get what was so funny.

My dad wiped a tear and stood up straight again. "Oh Gwendolyn! You really know how to give your old man a laugh! C'mon i'll give you a tour." He said and slung an arm over my shoulder. I quickly grabbed my suitcases and rolled them behind me.

"This is the main room." He said. I looked around. It was huge. It already had the furniture and a tv and a fireplace.

"Grab your suitcases dear, i'll show you upstairs and you can put your suitcases in your new room." He said and dragged me up the stairs.

I had no hope for this house, it was so big and I would be the only person living in it. The only thing I could think was that I would either go completely insane or be really fucking lonely.

He opened the first door at the top of the stair case and I could just tell it was the master bedroom. A queen sized bed made with purple sheets and a bathroom to the left. A walk in closet. I was lonely already.

"Alright, you start work in the morning, my secretary Miya will show you your office and your secretary's name is Val and so forth. Just don't be late." He kissed my forehead and waved good bye.

And once that door closed, I realized that I had this giant house to myself. I walked around the room running my hands across the bare walls and getting a feel of my new home.

I walked towards my suitcase and started unpacking clothes. Organizing my clothes in three piles of casual wear, work wear, and pajamas I started folding.

My stomach rumbled in the middle of it and I realized that I don't have any food cause its a new house.

I pulled out my phone and went to call the pizza place when I realized...I don't know the number.

I threw my phone down on the bed, just as the door bell rang. Damn it. I heard yelling from all the way up here and was already really annoyed. I chose to ignore it and keep organizing. But the doorbell just would not stop ringing.

"I'm coming!" I yelled as I descended to the main floor. These people were really annoying, didn't they know any manners.

I opened the door and my eyes widened. I can't believe this is happening to me. I just wanted to get the hell away, but no, I couldn't do that. I didn't want to believe this. Have you ever been so angry that you're just really calm? Well that's me right now.

"Well hello new neighbor." Jack said as he held out a cake. They each had something in their hands, whether it was cake, brownies, jell-o, or dinner foods like spaghetti.