Chapter 30

Gwendolyn

It seems like as soon as I found out a weight was just lifted off my shoulders. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to cry. And that's exactly what I did. I cried into Vic's shoulder. And cried and cried and cried. He didn't question me once, no he just held me as I cried.

"There's no reason to cry darling." He said as he wiped my tears.

"Yes there is because there so much that could go wrong." I said a took a tissue that he offered.

"Talk to me about it." He whispered and hugged me from the side. He was always so nice when it came to people in need.

"He doesn't want a baby." I cried.

"How do you know that?" He asked and rocked me back and forth.

He had a point. How do I know? I was making assumptions based on what evidence? None. I had no evidence agonist him saying that he didn't want this baby. Baby. It was still weird. I was carrying a little baby.

"That can't be the only thing that can be wrong." Vic said and rubbed my back.

I shook my head "it's stupid." I said dismissively and looked down.

"Nothing about this is stupid." He said looked me in the eye "nothing."

"I don't know," I dragged out and looked down "what if I'm not a good mom? I mean I didn't really have a mother role model growing up, I want to be good mom but I don't know if I can." I said

He sighed and looked at me "how much do you love that baby that is the size of a pea right now?"

"A fucking lot." I whispered and held the non existent bump on my stomach.

"If you love something that is not even big enough to make a bump in your tummy than how do you think you're going to be a bad mom?" Why is he so good at making points.

"You make so many good points." I said and laughed. He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"It's what friends do." He whispered then there was a knock on the bus door and he stood up.

I sat there watching him as he went to go get it, it reminded me of when Alex was looking for me to talk. I suddenly grew nervous because what if it was Alex, I'd have to tell him. I can't just keep it a secret. I didn't think I was ready to tell him yet. Heck, I don't even think he was ready to hear that.

"Is Gwen here?" I sighed in relief and sank into the couch.

"Yeah, is something wrong?" I heard Vic ask. I didn't hear a response but I did hear footsteps. And then the door opened swiftly and I quickly sat up and looked at Jack with a panicked look on his face.

"Is it true?" He asked

"Is what true?" I wasn't stupid, I was playing stupid, I didn't want two people knowing about my pregnancy before the dad even knew it was true.

"You know what I'm talking about!" He yelled.

"Yo Jack, just calm down." Mike said as he stood behind him placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Is it true?" He said and walked closer.

I was scared to be honest. I've never seen Jack like this and it truly scared me. I was thinking about lying for a moment before I knew that he got me. I had no choice but to tell him now.

"Yes." I whispered and let the tears slip. I nodded again and looked down.

"Lets go." He said I looked up and saw Vic panicking and trying to push his way through.

"You can't make her do that Jack!" He yelled and jumped up and down to look over his shoulder.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I got up. He grabbed my arm and walked towards the door. I would be lying if I said I wasn't panicking myself.

"You're telling Alex." He simply said and walked out of the bus.

He kept a hold on my arm all the way there probably thinking that if given the chance I would run away. He was right.

He opened the bus door and let me walk in first. Which I did hesitantly. He pushed me towards the back lounge. This was happening quicker than I wanted it too and before I knew it I was sitting across from Alex just looking at him.

"I better hear talking." He said and pointed a finger and backed out of the room.

"Hi." I greeted softly I wanted to make this the least awkward it can be.

"Hey." He said and tapped his fingers on the couch while looking down. My goal to make it the least awkward it could be definitely wasn't working. I looked up at him and saw his eyes filling with tears and his cheeks flushing.

"I don't usually break down over things like this, I need to tell you something." He said and looked up at me. I immediately grew nervous and my palms started sweating. I couldn't find the words to speak so I simply nodded and waited for him to start.

"I knew her." He said and looked down again picking at little threads sticking off his sweatpants.

"You knew her?" I asked

"I knew her, her name is Mandy, well Amanda." As soon as he said that name I froze. That was the name both Jack and Alex's mom referred to. I assumed it was a past girlfriend.

"I thought I was in love with her. I dated her about 4 years ago. I proposed and we were planning the wedding. Long story short she got pregnant." He said and bit his lip unsure if he should go on or not.

"She had a miscarriage at 6 months and I lost my baby boy." He said and his voice cracked. It was in that moment that I knew why he was so sensitive about this whole situation.

"She called off the wedding and packed and moved out a couple months after the miscarriage because she couldn't stand the constant reminder that she had lost a baby in that house," he took a shaky breath before continuing "so I tried to convince her to stay. Saying we could move. But she told me she didn't love me anymore and left." He finished and looked up. The tears were still lining his eyes and he looked vulnerable.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered

"That's why I didn't know what to say when you said you might be pregnant." He said "But, um, are you?"

I knew the question was coming, but I didn't know if I wanted that to give him the answer just yet.

"Don't worry about that you have enough stress." I soothed and grabbed his hand.

"ARE YOU GUYS TALKING!??" I heard Jack shout through the door. I scowled and pulled my hand away. He ruined the moment.

"YES!" Alex yelled and looked back to me.

"Please. Gwen I need to know this." He said and went for my hand again. I could tell that he was depending in my answer and that just left me to only tell him.

"Yes." I said while nodding. I looked up at his face to see him smiling.

"Wait you're happy?" He nodded and pulled me in for a hug.

"I know we haven't been together for long, but I'm it's you. I love you." He said and held me tighter. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"We're gonna be a family." He cried and looked at me with tears in his eyes. I wiped them and smiled. I hugged him and laid my head on his shoulder. I couldn't let him go so easily like this, especially when I loved him so much. "We're gonna be a family." I repeated