Chapter 16

(Really long chapter)

Gwendolyn

The next morning seemed to change instantly. It seems I fell asleep a minute ago and my alarm is already going off. I felt something tickle my stomach and went to go scratch it but when I did I scratch an arm. I looked and saw Alex sound asleep cuddling with my shoulder.

I looked at the time and groaned. Six in the morning is way to early right now. I smacked the snooze button and settled back down into the bed and tried to fall asleep. Unfortunately as soon as I felt myself slipping into the sweet escape of sleep the alarm went off again. I popped open one eye and saw the time at 6:10.

I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to be getting any sleep anytime soon and I had work in an hour so I sat up. But as soon as I did I realized that I woke up Alex because I heard a groan. "It's 6:15 in the morning, I'm cold now come lay down with me." He whined sleepily.

"I have work. I have to get ready. I'm sorry I woke you." I whispered and crawled out of his grasp, but he pulled me back with him. "You know I don't have to go to studio today." He said quietly. I don't know what he was suggesting, but great for him I have to go to work.

"That's great, but I have to go to work sooooo." I said and got up again. He pushed me back down cuddled with me and hugged me. Then he rolled over and took me with him and I found myself laying on top of him.

He stroked my hair and rubbed my back "I'm saying that you work to much, call in sick today, we can have a lazy day." He had a point. He was slowly getting rid of my workaholic ways and I found myself wanting to spend more and more time away from work.

"I guess I could." I said and twirled his bed hair around my finger. I got up and grabbed my phone and quickly dialed the number of my office.

"Holloway enterprises, Gwen Holloway's office how may I help you?" I heard Val greet. She sounded really tired and I think I just woke her up from a nap. But I was calling in "sick" so I had to make sure I acted the part. So I started coughing and putting on my best sick voice.

"Hey Val," I croaked, I think I was doing ok so far "I'm really sick, running a fever, I can't come in, cancel all my appointments-" she cut me off and laughed "just get your rest honey, feel better." With that I heard the phone click on the other end and smiled.

"You're a good actress." Alex said as I turned around with a smile on my face. I squealed and tackled him in a hug. "I've never done anything like that before! I feel so energetic! It gave me this new sense of a rush! That was awesome!" I yelled and jumped on the bed.

"I have a thing for scary movies on lazy days, what do you say?" I asked as I got up. He shrugged and walked towards my DVD stand. "I'm down."

Then his phone rang from the nightstand and he walked towards it "its jack, gimme a sec." He sat down and answered the phone smiling. "What's up man?"

I walked into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth. I decided to be a little nosey and I pressed my ear to the door "I don't know man, she doesn't seem like the sporty type." He said unsurely. I scowled and continued brushing my teeth. I was sporty. I was captain of the varsity softball team in high school. I'll show him. Just cause I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't like sports.

I dried my mouth off and opened the door and found him relaxing on the bed with his arms behind his head and his eyes closed. When I opened the door he opened one eye and smiled.

"I'll have you know that I am very sporty." I said and crossed my arms.

"Mmmm I wouldn't think so." He said unsurely. I scowled and walked towards him.