Prologue

K+T = BFF

"Why is the letter of your name first?" 8 year old Toni asked 10 year old Kenny folding her arms over her chest in disappointment.

"Because I'm the boy- fine!" He groaned scribbling over the carving they made in the tree with the scissor, he began to carve it differently.

T+K = BFF

"Much better." Toni smiled dropping her arms at her side.

Kenny shook his head. He really didn't understand why she was always such a baby. He held the scissor out to her and she placed her hand over his that held the scissor.

"Best friends forever." Toni said holding her pinky out to Kenny, "best friends forever." He smiled looping his pinky into hers.

He tossed the scissor into the hole they both dug. They both dropped down onto their knees and began to toss the sand over the scissor. Burying it, they stood up just as the sun was setting.

"Toni! Kenny!" They heard Kenny's mom call.

They groaned before they ran out of the bushes up to Kenny's mother that stood on the terrace with a tray of cookies.

"What the hell were you two playing in the sand again? What is wrong with y'all?" His mother scolded.

"Sorry mrs Hill/mom!" They both said with their heads dropped in disappointment.

"It's okay. Go wash y'all hands than you guys can have some cookies. Hurry up, your dad will be here to pick you up soon Toni."

Toni nodded. "Last one there's a rotten egg!" Kenny grinned taking off.

"Not fair I'm shorter than you!" Toni argued running after Kenny.

"Be careful." Hill said shaking her head as she watched them run into the house.
________________________________________

18 years later:

Arriving at the restaurant her and Kenny had agreed on. She slipped her phone into her bag and walked up to the table he was seated at.

"You're punctual." Kenny sarcastically spoke making her roll her eyes as she sat down and raised her hand into the air calling a waiter over.

"Funny Ken." She said placing her bag down next to her.

"I thought we were suppose to meet here at 4, it's 5 now." Kenny chuckled handing her his menu.

"Thank you. You already ate?" She raised her eyebrows flipping the menu open, "no." He shook his head.

"But you're eating a piece of cake." Toni said in confusion.

"And? What's wrong with having desert first?" Kenny frowned.

"Nothing!" She laughed shaking her head.

The waiter came over and smiled flipping her notepad open.

"How may I help you?"