Resentment

- I'm much too full of resentment

2 months later

"What fruit is this?" Toni asked as she held a slice of mango up for Kiana.

"A mango." Kiana said.

"Good job baby!" Toni clapped.

"Yay!" Kiana squealed clapping her hands along with Toni before she took the slice of mango from Toni.

"Now we say thank you mommy." Toni said.

"Thank you." Kiana said before she began to feast on the mango.

"No you're suppose to say thank you mommy. Say mommy." Toni said, "please..." Toni begged pouting her lips.

Kenny walked in with his tie in his hands.

"Dada!" Kiana screamed once she saw him.

"Hey dada's princess!" Kenny grinned pecking her cheek.

Toni frowned folding her arms over her chest and stood up.

"Why hasn't she said mommy?" Toni sighed staring at Kiana that began to make a mess in her high chair. "I mean she's 14 months old." Toni groaned.

"Give it sometime baby." Kenny said. "Mind helping me?" He asked holding his tie up for her.

She steered her attention from Kiana onto Kenny and nodded taking the tie from him. She tossed it around his neck and began to tie it.

"Maybe this little one will be a mommy's baby." Kenny said rubbing her tummy putting a smile on Toni's face.

"Are you excited to be a big sister Keke?" Kenny asked kneeling down to Kiana.

"Big sister." Kiana repeated.

"Yeah!" Kenny cheered.

"Yeah!" She impersonated him making Toni chuckle. "Well daddy has to go to work." Kenny stood.

"Okay." Toni nodded.

He pecked her lips and Kiana's cheek before he grabbed his suit jacket, briefcase and walked out. Toni faced Kiana.

"Mommy's just waiting on Marie then mommy has to go to work as well." Toni said.

"I want out." Kiana groaned holding her arms out to Toni.

Toni walked up to her and took her out of the high chair placing her down on her feet. She wiped the sides of her mouth and then her hands.

"Go play?" Kiana asked.

"Yeah, go ahead." Toni pointed as she stood up.

Toni had just finished cleaning up the high chair and was now wiping down the countertops. The doorbell rang making both her and Kiana steer their attention onto the front door.

"That's probably Marie." Toni said making Kiana grin.

"Marie!" Kiana shouted running towards the door with Toni right behind her.