Whip appeal

Placing the cupcakes down on her passenger seat. She shut the door walking back inside. The fundraiser was about to start in a couple minutes and she didn't want to be late. She walked up to Ashton that was making himself some coffee and wrapped her arms around him from behind.

"Aren't you gonna get ready?" She asked kissing his shoulder.

"For what?" He asked with a slight attitude making her frown and back away from him.

"The fundraiser. Aren't you gonna be joining me?" Toni asked.

"About that, I have to work today so I won't be able to attend that." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"But I've spoken to you about this for quite some time now... you can't bail on me the same day of the event. What the hell is wrong with you?!" She snapped.

"Excuse me?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I've tolerated a lot but bailing on my fundraiser I won't take that disrespect Ashton! I've worked too damn hard on this-"

His palm immediately connected with her cheek, her eyes watered at she stared at him in disbelief. He frowned with his lips ajar.

"I'm so sorry baby-"

"Don't touch me." She backed away from him. She grabbed her car keys and rushed out the house.

Ashton ran his hand down his face and punched the wall, how could he have raised his hand at her? What got into him? He couldn't believe that he'd do something like that to her.
____________________________

"What's got you all zoned out?" Kenny chuckled approaching Toni.

She snapped out of her thoughts and wiped away her tears. He frowned.

"I saw that. What did he do this time?" Kenny groaned.

"Nothing." She shook her head. Removing the lid from the cupcake holder placing everything on display.

"Fine." He sighed letting it go, he didn't want to pry.

The last thing he wanted was her to feel embarrassed, plus this was suppose to be a happy environment.

"I'm glad you came." Toni said rubbing his shoulder.

"Anything for you." Kenny smiled as a few kids approached the table.

"Hey love." Toni smiled, "hello." The little black curly haired girl grinned up at Toni. "You're really pretty." She said to Toni.

"Thank you, you're also really pretty. What color cupcake would you like?" Toni asked.

"The... pink one." She pointed.

"Point Kenny!" Kenny cheered handing her the cupcake making Toni chuckle.

"You only got that one because girls love pink." Toni said waving him off making him laugh.

"Whatever you're just jealous." Kenny said bumping her. "That was only one kid." Toni laughed at how confident he already was.