You should be here

1 month later

Arriving at Kenny and Shanice's engagement party. Toni looked around the place, she couldn't believe how fast their wedding was approaching or the fact that he was actually getting married before her. Not too mention she didn't even have a wedding date set and here Shanice and Kenny had already sent out their wedding invitations.

"Champagne?"

Toni smiled taking a glass as Ashton took two. Her eyes widened in embarrassment.

"Ashton, no. What are you doing?" She scolded.

"I didn't wanna come, so the fact that I'm here all dressed up gives me the right to accept free alcohol wherever it is offered to me." Ashton nonchalantly said downing the first glass making her shake her head.

"I refuse to be seen with you." Toni mumbled walking away from him.

He sucked his teeth and waved her off as he disappeared.

"Hi baby. Thank you for coming, Kenny's going to be so thrilled when he sees you." Hill said, "that goes over there. Oh and don't forget to place the cupcakes nearby the cake on the desert table." Hill spoke to the waiters.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." Toni smiled sipping her drink. "You know I'm waiting on your wedding as well, if there's anything you need help with I'm just a phone call away." Hill said hugging her.

"I know that." Toni nodded.

"Where's your father?" Hill frowned looking behind her.

"He couldn't make it, he sends his regards." Toni said beating around the bush.

"How is he?" Hill asked.

"He's good." Toni flashed her a small smile making her smile back at her.

"I'm glad, why don't you go join everyone in the backyard." Hill rubbed her shoulder.

Toni nodded walking out. Approaching the group Shanice was seated by her friends under the large oak tree that was trimmed with lights. Passing by she heard the small conversation the girls had as they giggled.

"Condoms are so 2018." Shanice said taking a sip from her cocktail.

Toni walked up to Kenny who sat by himself by the fire.

"What's the groom to be doing all by himself?" Toni asked.

He looked up at her and smiled patting the space next to him.

"Sit. I'm just looking at this view." Kenny said staring at the ocean up ahead.

"It is beautiful." Toni said. "Come with me." Kenny said standing up.

She pulled her face in confusion and got up anyways. He took the glass from her and set it down on the table, he took her hand into his and led her through the bushes. Stopping in front of a tree.

"Remind you of something?" He asked pointing at the carving he made when they were younger.

Toni laughed walking closer, she traced her finger over both carvings.