Back to reality

"It feels good to be home." Toni yawned plopping herself down on their bed.

Kenny brought their suitcases upstairs and chuckled at Toni who began to remove her clothes. She was now left in her pink sports bra and matching boy shorts, she pulled the covers back and got into bed.

"Are we not gonna go pick the kids up?"

"Not yet. Let me just get some sleep in today, we can go get them tomorrow."

"I thought you missed them?"

"I did, I just need to rest for a couple hours. Those kids are a lot of work and I deserve some sleep." She scolded.

Kenny nodded putting their suitcases in the closet. He came out and chuckled, she was already asleep and snoring. He walked into their bathroom and decided to take a bath and then join her.
___________________

"You're finally up." Kenny smiled watching as Toni came downstairs in a transparent grey t-shirt and some matching shorts.

"How long did I sleep?" Toni asked opening the refrigerator.

"Just 18 hours." Kenny nonchalantly said with a shrug sliding a plate of flapjacks to her.

"I was really tired. Thank you babe." Toni said pouring herself some orange juice as she slid the plate over to the edge of the island.

She sat down on the barstool. Kenny slid the maple syrup her way.

"Thank you," she said pouring it over her flapjacks and began to eat.

"When you're done. We're going to get our kids." Kenny sternly said.

"You miss them that much?" Toni giggled.

"Yes. I missed waking up with Kiana covering my eyes with her tiny hands and then I have to pretend like I don't know it's her and act as if I believe that I've become blind." Kenny reminisced.

Toni smiled holding her hand out to him. He placed his hand into hers and they both leaned over the island meeting each other halfway, he kissed her lips smiling as they pulled away.

"Ohh look here!" Toni spoke in excitement jumping off the stool.

She ran into his office and came back with different colours and patterns placing it down on the island.

"What's this for?" He asked raising his eyebrows in confusion.

"Remember when you asked me what colour I want the interior in the Rolls Royce to be?" She asked.

He nodded.

"Well I still had all these colours from when we changed the Tesla's interior." Toni said and they both looked down at it.

"Now help me choose." She instructed.

"We can discuss this once we've picked up the kids-"

"No! I wanna do it now-"

"Okay fine but go get dressed so long." Kenny said pointing towards the stairs.