Bruised not broken

bonus chapter 🦋

- Damaged but I'm coping

5 weeks later

It was officially Kenny's bachelorette party and his wedding weekend.

"Shit this thing is heavy!" Kenny groaned as he placed Toni's portrait down on the ground.

"Why did you buy that thing?" He scolded staring at the 8 foot tall painting.

"Because it's beautiful." Toni said as they were now both staring at it, "okay I lied." She shrugged before Kenny gasped when she hit it with a baseball bat.

"Why did you do that?" He shouted in disbelief.

"Because it was a gift from Ashton." She said hitting it again.

"Tone- remind me to never get on your bad side." Kenny said before he grabbed her body and pulled it away from the painting.

He took the bat from her and set it down against the wall.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." She let out a breathe.

"You sure?"

"Yes. Your bachelor party is tonight, aren't you excited?" Toni squealed making him chuckle.

"I guess I could be better." Kenny said shrugging making her frown and raise her eyebrows in confusion.

"What does that mean?" She asked handing him a glass of wine.

"It means that... for the past couple of weeks I've just been thinking. Am I even making the right decision here?" Kenny asked plopping himself down on the sofa.

"Does it not feel right?" Toni raised her eyebrows sitting down next to him.

He shrugged facing her, he looked her right in the eyes and rested his arm down on the armrest as she took a sip from her wine.

"Is Shanice really the woman I'm supposed to be marrying and spending the rest of my life with?" Kenny asked.

Toni stared at him, she wanted to tell him no but she couldn't. Something inside of her just couldn't do it. She shrugged.

"I don't know..." She lowly trailed off.

Kenny let out a breathe.

"Maybe this is normal. Maybe everyone gets cold feet before marriage. Right?" He grimaced.

"Yeah. Totally." Toni nodded.

"Are you going to be at Shanice's bachelorette?"

"No." Toni shook her head, "I have this fundraiser coming up and I still have so much planning to do. I'll probably be up all night, hey you're getting married tomorrow."

"You should be happy." She grinned.

He smiled lightly, "yeah you're probably right."
__________________________

Toni made herself the third cup of coffee, who knew organizing her own fundraiser would be so much work and take up so much time. She let out a tiring breathe as she sat down and stared down at the stacks of papers scattered all over the coffee table. She flipped her MacBook open and typed in her password.

"Let's do this." She encouraged right before the doorbell rang.

She looked up and squinted her eyes in confusion. The only person who knew where she lived was Kenny and that surely couldn't be him because he was at his bachelor party. She set her cup down and got up, walking up to the door. She looked through the peephole and her eyes widened she immediately opened the door.

"Ken what are you doing here isn't it your bachelor party?" She asked scanning the outside, there was an unfamiliar car parked across the street.

He nodded slipping his hands into his pockets.

"I don't know what got over me, I had to come see you." He confessed with a shrug.

She pulled her face in confusion before stepping to the side and allowing him to walk in. He entered giving her a chance to close the door behind him.

"Look Kenny, you're getting married tomorrow. You should be out having some stripper dance all over you." She chuckled, "I don't get how you could pass that opportunity up-"

Before she could get anything else out, he grabbed her by the waist and smashed his lips onto hers. Sighing into the kiss, she gripped his collar before her hands wrapped around his neck. Kissing back, she wanted this. She had craved this. His hand gripped her waist tighter and their kiss intensified, now almost swallowing one another. Finally snapping out of it all Toni quickly pulled away and gently pushed him back.

"Kenny no!" She scolded.

"Why are we doing this? What about Shanice? Don't ever do that again." Toni sternly said.

"You're right. You're so right." He shook his head and sat down.

"You're getting married tomorrow." Toni said, "what about our friendship? Let's not jeopardize that. I'm gonna admit, I have developed feelings for you that go beyond our friendship. But I wouldn't want you doing to Shanice what Ashton did to me. Having been cheated on scars you." Toni admitted facing Kenny who was already looking at her.

"I don't wish that upon anyone." Toni let out a breathe.

He nodded with understanding.

"Come on." She got up and held her hand out to him.

He placed his hand into hers and got up as well.

"You need to go enjoy your bachelorette. It will be the last night that you're a single man." Toni squealed making him chuckle.

"Okay." He nodded.

She leaned up and pecked his cheek fixing his shirt before she pulled the door open. He walked out and turned around to face her. Her eyes bright from the streetlight that shined on them. He couldn't help it, he had feelings for her too.

"See you tomorrow when you'll be wearing your tux." Toni smiled.

He pulled his car keys out of his pocket and walked up to it. She watched as he got into his car and drove off just as the car parked across the street started it's engine and drove off as well, she pulled her face in confusion. She shook the feeling off and went back inside immediately her attention fell down on a picture of her and Kenny. Was she making the right choice by allowing Kenny to get married even though she loved him? What if Kenny was the one all along? She shook her head, of course she was making the right choice.