Scared to be lonely

Toni frowned as she looked around at all the ingredients she had, she had to make 72 cupcakes for a fundraiser she was apart of. Aside from everything she loved so dearly, doing charity work for kids always made her heart warm. She loved kids so much. She ripped the flour open making it splash all over her apron.

"Shit!" She groaned before throwing flour into two glasses. She threw it into the bowl and grabbed the recipe book.

"Baking powder." She groaned looking around just then the doorbell rang.

Her attention fell onto the front door and the figure that could be seen through the glass frames on the side of the door. She wiped her hands off the napkin walking to the door.

"I'm coming!" She announced.

She took a small glimpse of herself in the mirror before she opened the door.

"Kenny." She said.

He smiled lightly.

"It's so nice to see you." She said, she wanted to pull him into her embrace but she didn't know if she should.

"I've been acting very childish these past few days. It's been killing me not to call you everyday and tell you about everything that's been going on, I couldn't even tell you about the proposal which I should have. I'm sorry." He said making her smile.

"I'm also sorry." She said back.

"I shouldn't judge you for any decisions that you make. If you felt like you needed to forgive him because you love him than I should respect that." Kenny said. "I'm also here to personally drop off your invitation to me and Shanice's engagement party." He said holding up the invitation making her nod her head as she took the invitation from him.

"Can we hug now?" She asked making him chuckle and nod his head.

Embracing one another, it felt good to hug each other. It always did. Pulling away Kenny's attention fell onto the kitchen and than her messy apron.

"I see you've been wrestling with the flour." He laughed making her roll her eyes playfully.

"I have to bake 72 cupcakes for the fundraiser I'll be having for all the kids that can't afford any education." Toni said.

"That's a lot of baking." He grimaced.

"Who would've thought Kenny would be getting married." Toni smiled scanning over the invitation.

He laughed dusting invisible lint off his shoulders.

"You want me to help you with that?" He asked pointing at the kitchen.

She looked over at the kitchen before she faced him again and nodded her head with a grin.

"Please..." She begged placing the invitation down on the table.

He chuckled before they both walked into the kitchen. Toni handed Kenny an apron as he stared at everything and soon they started baking.

"How do I do this?" She asked referring to the icing.

"Like this." He said standing behind her, he placed his hands over hers and helped her squeeze the icing onto the cupcake in a circular motion.