chapter 4

Chapter 4
The fluorescent lights in the hallway outside his penthouse were dimly lit.  Casting shadows on the black floor as he turned the key in the doorknob. His steps were slow as his shoes clacked against the pristine floor of the elite penthouse. His oily brown eyes raved around. A precious smile settled on his lips as he settled on the couch. He was very tired from the endless meetings he attended this week he had to order his assistant to reschedule some meetings till next week. It’s been  almost a week but he could still see her face when he closes his eyes. Her blue eyes were different after all it’s not everyday you see blue eyes . The spark and the emotions that held them what was got his attention . Her dimples were something different. She was pretty , masha Allah he said. Adam has never felt this way before, this was something new something different. A new feeling all for a girl he only met once , if what he is feeling is love then he was deeply in love. For a moment the image of her face popped up in his mind, her laughing face when she was talking to Maryam. Laugh lines broke out from beside her lips birthing her brilliant smile. Her redish cheeks when she blushes made the whole look better. Everytime he thinks about her,an unknown smile makes it appearance on his lips, she burns him, her thoughts were like fractures in his ribs. He was willing to wait for decades just for a drizzle of her sweetness. If words could explain he could have written them but here he was drowned in silence thinking about her. He was love sick.  He brought out of his thoughts when he heard his phone ringing he quickly took it from the Italian side table , it was Khalid .
" Dikko!!"He heard his annoying friend's voice ,
"what the problem can I know the reason why you are disturbing my peace I need some rest am already tired from all the boring meetings." "Ohh come on Dikko can you please relax and enjoy your life for ones I know you have been very busy lately so I was thinking maybe we could hang out me, you and Abdul" Khalid said. 
"Okay where are we meeting" Adam said while standing up ,
"the usual spot ."
"Okay I will be there in 30 minutes."
"okay  am on my way Abdul is already there"
He quickly went inside his bedroom which was painted grey with a black round Italian king size bed keeping his phone on the wooding round table he went to the bathroom which was pure white and shining . He was a neat freak .  Taking a shower he matched to the walk in closet which was filled with kaftans , suits, shirts and trousers. Everything was organized, putting on a grey Polo shirt and black trouser he was looking dashing as always . He took his phone and his car keys. Closing the door he used the elevator and went to the parking lounge and drove out to meet his guys , Abdul and Khalid were not only his friends, they were like brothers.  Parking his car in his usual parking spot at the green house , he gently came out of his car and walked to the entrance. The in- ground swimming pool was surrounded by a flower garden and canopy of trees. There were some string lights in the wooden seating area,it is a beautiful natural landscape. Walking to the wooden table at the end of the pool where he saw his friends, he took a sit on one of the wooden tree trunk stools .
"Finally the king has arrived"Khalid shouted,
" ohhh Khalid must shout ."
"Well I don’t see any problem with that since we are the only ones that comes here."Khalid said.
"Okay "Adam replied while rolling his eyes .
"Ohh Khalid I totally forgot to update you about the latest gist guess who is in love ."
"Well maybe it’s you Abdul because I know this guy and girls impossible" Khalid whispered.
"Then you are wrong about that man , my guy here is in love with my baby sis 's best friend."
"Am not in love" Adam protested "I only like her."
"What!!!" Khalid shouted looking flabbergasted.
"I can’t believe this how is this possible I need to see this girl."
" and guess what khalidooo."
" what" Khalid whispered giving all his attention to what Abdulaziz is going to say next .
"She’s just 15  but our dear friend here says that he can wait for her."
"Are you done." Adam said looking at his best friends. "Okay , yeah I am ready to wait for some few years I don’t mind that and am serious that why I want to meet pa so that he can meet her parents. I want everything to be halal just the way our religion teaches us."
Khalid looked at his friend with his mouth wide open he was shocked . "Wow are you serious Dikko , I can’t believe this ."
"So when are you going to Abuja" Abdul asked.
" when we are done with this project I don’t want to take any chances am serious about this ever since I met her all I have been thinking about is her . Am always dreaming about her , ahhhh I think am going crazy" he said while shaking his head .
"You are not crazy" Khalid said placing his hand on his friend's shoulder , "you are just in love."
" So Khalid,  enough about me I heard pa and your dad talking about hitching you with the daughter of the emir of kastina , when is that going to happen."
"Not now Dikko , she’s just 18 I guess and am just 24  maybe when she’s done with school and besides am not serious about it , it’s just Dad's decision. "
"You are never serious about anything" Abdul said .
"So what her name and what is she like"Adam asked,
" I only know her name Amina I have never seen her maybe when it’s time I will get to see her I guess."
" Wow who could have thought that the player who is always changing girlfriends , Khalid sa'eed will end up having an arrange marriage."
"Am not yet married Dikko I can refuse the proposal .
"well my dear friend you and I know you have no way out of this " Adam said while standing up.