chapter 16

Kaduna

Bahijah went back to her room , she still couldn't sleep a wink, she tossed and turned around the bed all night , tired of laying on the bed and doing nothing , she decided to talk to Allah before her big day tomorrow. She stood up and walked to the bathroom to perform wudhu and prayed, she begged Allah to give her the strength to go on with this marriage, she knows she doesn't have any feeling for her so call husband but she knows she's willing to give it a try. She begged Allah to help her and guide her , she dozed off on the prayer mat.

Wake up Bahijah someone shook her , she gently opened her eyes and saw aunty habiba. You should go and take your bath, it's almost 10, you need to get ready . She said pushing her to the bathroom, she came out of the bathroom smelling like lavender. She met Maryam, khadijah, Cynthia and fatima in her room .she did her makeup with Maryam's help and got dressed in a purple lace and sat beside khadijah. Minutes later, hajjo in with some breakfast . Bahijah !! Hajjo called in a low tone.

Naam , Bahijah replied

I will miss you , a lot hajjo said hugging her

I will miss you too hajjo , now please don't make me cry she said.

The wedding fatiha is to take place by 2 and it was already 12, the house was filled with distance and close relatives. Her friends and cousins were talking and laughing about wedding and fashion .

***

An daura , Maryam said ya abdulaziz just texted me . " that's it , am married " she thought . She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard her phone ringing and her heart skipped a beat , an unknown feeling engulfed her soul when she saw the name on the screen " my faithful husband ❤️" .

Assalamualaikum , Adam heard her velvet voice from the other side.

Amarya , an daura! You are now Mrs Dikko junior , he said.

Bahijah felt a chill ran through her bones as she registered his words . She has become his, she is married now .

Bahijah are you okay ? Adam asked is there any problem please talk to me , please say something . Hello!!! Bahijah felt lucky at least he cares about her, a beautiful feeling engulfed her heart , what else could she wish for . This is everything. " Allahamdullilah " she finally found her voice.

Ohh thank God , I thought maybe something bad happened he sighed . Are you sure you're okay , he asked.

Am okay, you don't need to worry about anything she replied

Okay , then I will be there in an hour bye he said

Okay bye.

A reception strictly for men was held after the wedding fatiha. After her phone call with her husband Bahijah walked to the bathroom , she perform wudhu and then came back to her room , she prayed to Allah to bless her marriage , to bless her with happiness and children . She prayed and prayed as tears were flooding from her eyes. Minutes later Maryam came in with a make up artist , she got dressed in a white lace after her makeup was done . Masha Allah you look beautiful Maryam said

Thank you she replied

Am so happy for you BJ , I can't believe you are now married . Am going to miss all the fun things we do together, I will miss you. I wish you all the happiness in the world and always remember that you can count on me for a brighter day to come for your aid , I wish you all the comfort in the world. I love you Bahijah Sulieman.

I will miss you too Maryam and believe me I love you more , we will always be friends no matter what happens . Bahijah voiced out hugging her best friend as tears were streaming from her eyes .