chapter 9

Zaria
She was sitting on the wooden bench in the garden reading a book “ lightning” by Danielle steel . She was drowned in her imagination , what will I do and how will l feel if I am to face a problem like this? Bahijah asked herself . She sometimes wonders  why are men so heartless  , she can’t believe that her husband just abandon her because she was diagnosed with cancer . What happened to the vows they took on their wedding to always support each other in good and bad times . Ya Allah please bless me with a spouse that will always support me and love me no matter what happens , Bahijah thought how beautiful and sweet the writer describe the love the couple shared and in just a blink of an eye everything came crashing down , maybe not all that glitters is gold . All the love they had for each other , the promises they made, were all fake. She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard her phone ringing , she quickly took the phone which she kept next to her on the bench , she looked at the screen for seconds when she saw an unknown number before she answered the call .
Assalamualaikum , she heard a male voice.
Waalaikumusalam she replied back
Angel it’s me Aliyu .
Ohh ya Aliyu am sorry I didn’t recognize the voice
It’s okay , I called to check on you I hope it’s not a problem .
No it’s not , ya kake I hope de ka isa gida lafiya  she asked
Yeah na isa, so what are you doing now
Nothing just reading she replied
They talked for almost an hour before they  decided to end the call. She sighed as a smile appeared on her face , she had never felt so free with someone she just met before . she looked at the time on her phone and close her book when she saw that it was almost time for magrib . Adjusting her veil she quickly stood up and left the garden to talk to Maryam, who was with fatima .

The next day Bahijah and Maryam woke up early and meet Inna in her room , who told them that the driver was already waiting for them . They quickly had their breakfast and left the emir’s palace to go and finish what they came here for . When they arrived at the school hostel Bahijah realized that Maryam had already reserved a room for two , which she was very happy about because if the is one thing that Bahijah loves and cherish is  privacy . When they were done , Maryam insisted that they had lunch in a restaurant in the school campus . They were eating silently on a table in a corner when Maryam decided to speak . Bahijah she called , what going on between you and muhsin ‘s friend .
Bahijah looked up fixing her gaze on her best friend , what do you mean we are….  She wasn’t done with what she was saying when she heard her phone ringing . Who is it , pick the call Maryam said .
It’s Aliyu she whispered
So pick the call
She gently tapped the green sign on her phone, assalamualaikum she said
Waalaikumusalam Angel how are you doing , I hope am not disturbing you  he asked
No you are , we were just eating and we are already done she replied
Okay , are you done for the day
Yes we are done is their any problem
No I was just wondering maybe I can come and take you home if it’s not a problem
No it’s not but are you sure you are not busy she asked
No am not just give me 30 minutes and I will be there
Okay see you then she replied.
Okay are you going to explain to me what going on Maryam shouted . Maryam please stop shouting , I don’t know maybe he’s just trying to be friendly I guess .  So you are saying that he just wants to be friends with you Maryam said not believe what she just heard.
Ohh God , BJ can’t you see it is obvious that he likes you Maryam chuckled . Well that’s his own problem she replied .
So why did he called Maryam asked
Well , he wants to pick us up and he will be here in 30 minutes she said .

Kaduna
It has been months since he last came to kaduna . As he stood in the waiting area his eyes roving around the place. He spotted his cousin mustapha waving at him . Mustapha fasten his pace as he approached him , he jumped on him giving him a bone crushing hug . I can’t breathe mustapha Adam said .
Sorry bro welcome , let go Amma is so excited to see you
I know he said , as an unknown smile made it appeared on his face when he thought about his aunt  . He could still remember her words when she called him .
So you don't care about me any more ko baby when was the last time you visited me. Tun bakayi aure ba, then what will happen when you get married.so you have forgotten about your Amma so soon.
Adam chuckled when he remembered how dramatic his Amma could be sometimes . Are you okay he heard mustapha 's voice .
Am okay , lets go he said .
Alhaji Hassan Sagir's mansion was located in Rimi drive in unguwar Rimi . Mustapha parked the car in the parking lot . The mansion is a beautiful vast luxurious mansion which was painted ash in colour . They walked through the path which leads directly to the pretentious structure . The mansion was decorated with beautiful flowers . The slowly stepped into the mansion where the door was opened by a maid , come in ya Adam mustapha said .
I don’t need you to guide me mustapha , I know the way this is also my house remember .
Hakane mustapha chuckled.
Where is Amma he asked , she’s in her room the maid answered.
Using the stairs , Adam walked through the corridor that leads to Amma’s room , he slowly opened the brown wooden door . Assalamualaikum he said as he stepped in . Waalaikumusalam , he heard her voice. Hajiya Badiatu was seated on a purple couch , holding a book. She slowly took off the glasses she was wearing and kept it on side table beside the couch . Amma he whispered engulfing her in a bone crushing hug , finally I thought you were not coming she said.
I promised you that I will be coming today , I missed you he said.
Dagaske, if you really miss me as you say then you visit me more often .
Am sorry , I have been very busy lately he said placing his head on her laps.
I didn’t know when my son became a workaholic , no wonder you are now becoming a boring man.
Amma !! Am not boring , am coolll he chuckled .
Why don’t you go and fresh up, then you can eat I know you are hungry . I made your favorite . She said
Okay , I will be back in 15 minutes . He said
Stepping out of the room , Adam left the main house and went to the guest house next to the main house. He took a relaxing shower and got dressed in a black kaftan . He met Amma in the dinning hall waiting for him. My baby looks handsome masha Allah she placing a kiss on his cheek .
Amma am not a kid anymore you don’t need to do that he groaned. Well no matter what even if you get old with grandkids you will always be my baby . Let me serve you why don’t have seat she said
He gently sat on one the wooden chair . Now let me feed my baby , Hajiya Badiatu said .
Amma you don’t need to do that , I can feed myself .
Come on open up she said bring the silver spoon to his mouth . Adam had no choice than to let his aunt feed him .

Bahijah and Maryam were finally done with their registration and were already on their way to kaduna . Inna had one of the driver in the palace to take them back home.  Maryam she called .
We will be going back in two days , why don’t we meet tomorrow then we can do so shopping and hang out a little bit . you know enjoy kaduna before we leave .
Sounds like a good idea Maryam replied .
Okay then I will come pick you up.
The driver dropped Maryam before dropping Bahijah at home .  Bahijah closed her eyes as she felt the Sunday evening breeze when she stepped out of the car. Home sweet home she sighed . She quickly ran to the entrance of the house, she stabbed the doorbell twice before the door was opened by hajjo.  Hajjo!! She shouted engulfing her in a tight hug .
Welcome back hajjo chuckled .
Where is my mom she asked .
She’s in the main sitting room with your dad.
Okay she said walking through the path that leads to the main sit room .
Assalamualaikum she said while stepped in .her parents were seated on a couch watching a sports new, waalaikumusalam my princess is finally here Dr Sulieman said with a smile on his face . Daddy !! She said engulfing him in a bone crushing hug . I missed you she said , I missed you too.
Wow looks like nobody cares about me she heard her mother voice, how can I forget about my beautiful and wonderful mother that is impossible she said hugging her tight . But looks like you only care about your dad hajiya Aisha said .
Don’t mind your mom princess , she only jealous . Bahijah chuckled at her parents little drama as they were arguing about how she loves the most .
Mom!! Dad!!! I love you both equally okay she said .

And then she fell in love with him and her husband or should I say ex-husband got arrested. She said while looking at her closet trying to decide on what to wear. She was going out with Maryam and she still couldn’t decide on what to wear, Aliyu called her when she was about to get ready .
He calls her everyday and texts her frequently too until she became comfortable with him ,she thought of giving him a chance and surprisingly they became friends . So she fell in love with guy she’s older than with ten years? He asked . Yap !! She answered she was giving him a brief summary about lightning. They talked for about half an hour before ending the call. Bahijah finally decided to go for a blue knee length shirt and a black jeans . She quickly got ready and went to her mom’s room. Assalamualaikum mommy , she salamed  while stepping inside the room.
Waalaikumusalam , are you ready mommy asked
Yes am ready
Okay the driver is waiting for you and come back before magrib
Insha Allah mom see you later.

It was a thirty minutes drive from her house to maryam’s . Malam sani you can leave now I will call you when am done .
Okay hajiya .
She stabbed the doorbell twice before the door was opened my Maryam’s mom, assalamualaikum anty  she said.
Waalaikumusalam Bahijah how are you doing
Allahamdullilah ina yini she greeted
Lafiya lau Maryam is in her room
Okay she said heading to Maryam’s room , Maryam !! She screamed the moment she stepped inside the room . Where are your manners Maryam asked can’t you knock , she was seated on a stoll applying some make up .
Bahijah rolled her eyes at what her best friend said  , are you ready she asked .
Yeah almost done .

Adam and Abdulaziz were at the garden in Abdulaziz 's crib talking about some business issues when Adam looked up and saw Bahijah and Maryam standing by the window . His world froze when he saw her and his heartbeats increased.
Hey Adam are you listening ? Abdulaziz asked.
Yeah , what were you saying.
Abdulaziz looked up and saw what his best friend was looking at , you know if you want to talk to her I can ask Maryam to call her he smirked.
No !! You don’t need to do that
Are you sure Abdulaziz asked
Yes am sure .

They were standing by the window looking at the garden. Maryam Bahijah called who is that guy with ya Abdulaziz , he looks familiar .
Who are you talking about, ohh ya Adam don’t you remember him . The guy that visited us in school with ya Abdulaziz.
Ohh, the quiet guy .

Assalamualaikum guys
Pls vote comment and share 💖♥️💓