chapter 12

This chapter is dedicated to a lovely friend rukieeey__

Kaduna

It’s been a week  since Dr Sulieman told his daughter about her marriage to the suitor he choose for her. Her conversation with her father was like she was talking to a stranger , throughout the week Bahijah has locked herself in her room. She has switched off her phone since the day all her dreams were shattered . Maryam came yesterday to see her but she told hajjo to inform her that she doesn’t want to see her .
How am I going to live with someone I don't love what am I going to say to Aliyu , Bahijah thought .
BJ!! Mus’ab called knocking at the door , he thought the door was closed .
Come in it’s opened. Bahijah said
Mom asked me to call you . Her twin said sitting close to her .
Where is she Bahijah asked fixing her gaze on her twin who was looking at her like she was a psycho .
In her room he replied.
Bahijah stood up and stood up and quickly wore a an ankle length hijab the sweat pant and shirt she has been wearing for two days .
BJ ! Mus’ab called
What's the problem she said
I hope you know that we all love you  right and Dad will never choice a bad husband for his princess Mus’ab said hugging her.
I know Bahijah replied trying to stifle her tears
I know you love someone else but I want to to forget about him and move on
Believe me bro it’s not that easy she replied
I know that but I want you to be a fighter and believe in qadr
I will try I promise Bahijah said with a smile on her face
Now that more like my sister go and meet mom then we can go out for ice cream and you can also visit Maryam, I know you will feel better when you talk to her .

Bahijah knocked at her mother's door as she reached the doorstep, she was very weak and was having a bad headache.
Come in ! Her mom called from the other side of the door. Bahijah her mom called 
Yes mom she replied lying her head on her thighs
How are you doing hajiya Aisha gently asked
I’m fine she replied
Are you sure
Yes mom
Your Dad told me to inform you that your fiance will be coming tomorrow to see you. And yes your mai gyaran jiki is also on her way her mom said
What’s that for mom Bahijah asked
Well you have to look good before the wedding , you have to pay attention to your skin beauty because you are a bride and I want my daughter to look stunning on her wedding day.
Bahijah !! Hajiya Aisha called in a serious tune. I hope you know your dad won’t choice something that’s bad for you . He loves you and believe me you will like his choice I have met the boy once at his aunts.
I know Mom, she replied I know Dad will not make a bad choice for me .
So are you going to have any events
I don’t think so, just the normal yini biki she replied
Okay as you wish hajiya Aisha said nonchalantly
I will see you later mom, am going out with Mus’ab . She said standing up and heading to the door .
Okay “ make sure you change your cloth “ hajiya Aisha said laughing at her daughter's appearance.

She took a long relaxing shower and got dressed in a blue and purple Ankara gown. She met Mus’ab at the parking lot waiting for her .
They arrived at little itlay restaurant fifteen minutes later, Mus’ab turned off the ignition and they walked to the restaurant side by side . They found a table at the extreme of the room . I called Maryam and told her to meet us here Mus’ab said .
Okay she replied . They placed their orders and sat to wait for it, making small talks about the wedding preparations here and there . Maryam appeared some minutes later
Bahijah !! She called hugging her best friend , what’s wrong with you . I 've been trying to call you throughout the week but your phone was switched off Maryam said taking a seat next to Bahijah . I thought we were besties and have you forgotten about our code to always share our problems and help each other.
I know Maryam , I just needed some time to think about this whole marriage thing but am okay now trust me .
Am sorry about it , ya Abdulaziz just told me about it yesterday and  Mus’ab called me today
Ya Abdulaziz !! I don’t understand Bahijah said giving her best friend a confused look.
Well apparently your future husband is his best friends Maryam replied
“The quiet guy “ ! Bahijah gasped
Yes and he also told me that they are coming tomorrow to see you
I know mom told me about it Bahijah replied nonchalantly
He is a nice guy Bahijah , forget about Aliyu and start a new life . Call him and end your relationship , he needs to know that you are getting married.
“I know Maryam “ I just  don't know how am going tell him about it Bahijah replied
I know but you have to and don’t about tomorrow , I will be there by your side
Well hello to you too Maryam Mus’ab said interrupting their discussion
Ohh! Sorry Mus’ab I totally forgot about you. how have you been she asked
Well good as you can see .
Their orders arrived shortly after and they dig in . They stayed in silence  staring at the garden outside .
Bahijah ! Mus’ab called we have to go back home now mom just messaged me
Okay let go then we can drop Maryam on our way .