chapter 15

Chapter 15
Kaduna

Henna:  henna is mixed with some herbs , scent, and flowers of plants . The mixture is used to make beautifully decorated designs on the palm, hands and legs.
***
Dressed in a black Ankara dress and her veil tied around her head , Bahijah was sitting on a carpet with her friends and cousin . They were currently in the guest quarters in Maryam’s place .
Maryam she called , when is the henna artist coming? I can’t wait for all of this to end, so l can have my beauty sleep . Bahijah said , she was already tired from all the waxing she had in the morning. They are here to apply some henna as the wedding is tomorrow.
Bahijah can you calm down , she’s already here . Maryam replied. Minutes later , Amina a very well known henna artist in kaduna appeared with her crew. Am really sorry we are late , the traffic today was very bad . The henna artist apologized .
It’s okay , khadijah replied . Why don’t you start with the bride and the other artists will designs our hands.
Okay let’s get started Amina said .
Amaryaaa!!! Bahijah heard a familiar female voice , minutes later after the henna artist started designing her palm. Cynthiaa!! She squealed fixing her gaze on her friend. You came Bahijah said
I promised you remember Cynthia replied.
Why don’t you get your henna done, we have a lot to talk about later . Bahijah said grinning from ear to ear .
    Two hours later.
Excuse me Amina , Bahijah voiced out gazing at the henna artist . When can I wash it , am tired of sitting in one place .
Don’t worry amarya , Amina chuckled in the next one hour .
What!! One hour , can’t I wash it now? She asked
No!!! Maryam , khadijah and Fatima shouted at the same time . Are you serious Bahijah , how can say that you want to wash it when it’s not yet time, you are the bride and your henna has look good . Aliyah said .
Allah ya baku hakuri Bahijah replied.
Bahijah Maryam called, here your phone is ringing she said  . Put it on speaker Bahijah said. Assalamualaikum she heard a musculine voice .
Waalaikumusalam! she replied 
Amarya!! Adam called
Naam , Ina yini Ango she greeted
Lafiya lau, amaryan malam adamu . What are you doing now ? He asked.
“henna”! She replied.
Ohh I totally forgot , Abdulaziz told me about yesterday
Yeah , she said in a low tone .
Iyyye !! The girls squealed .
Excuse me , Adam said
Sorry the phone is on speaker , I have henna on my hands .
No problem , he chuckled I will call you back tomorrow before the wedding fatiha, bye.
Bye.
Iyye , romoe and Juliet . Cynthia teased .
Cynthia!!
***
Bahijah !! Maryam called from the doorstep .
Naam , come in she replied .
Take this and change , Maryam said dropping a bag on the bed.
What's this Bahijah said pulling out a red dress from the bag.
Can’t you see it’s a dress, Maryam replied we are going out
You know the wedding is tomorrow and am not allowed to go anywhere
Don’t worry , mommy said we can go Maryam said sitting next to Bahijah
So were are we going Bahijah asked . It’s a surprise and you need to hurry up , it’s already past 4 and we need to get there before 5 , so hurry up. Maryam said
Okay , I will be done in 15 minutes
Okay maryam uttered walking out of the room, Bahijah quickly changed her clothes and applied some make up , she was still in Maryam’s place . Dressed in the red maxi dress, Maryam gave her Bahijah raped a black veil on her head and slipped into a black Louis Vuitton high heels. Maryam came in some minutes later dressed in a black fitted gown. Are you done ? She asked
Yap !! Bahijah replied
Okay let’s go , the girls are waiting. They met khadijah, Fatima, Aliyah and Cynthia in the parking lot waiting for them .
***
It was a fifteen minutes drive to khadijah Aunty’s house in unguwar Rimi. What are we doing here ? Bahijah asked when Maryam parked the car in the parking lot .
Don’t worry amarya , it’s a surprise so chill khadijah said.
Lets go khadijah said holding Bahijah hand as she led the way.
Wow , Bahijah gasped. When she saw how the living room was decorated . What's going on here? She asked . “surprise bridal shower” the girls squealed at the same time. Wow this is beautiful Bahijah said , the living room was decorated with black and red balloon . Thanks you girls , I love it !!
We knew you will like it babe, I will go get the cake she said stepping out of the room . Minutes later khadijah and Maryam filled the table with different delicacies. Aliyah played the music as psquares 's chop my money blasted through the speaker. The girls literally forced Bahijah to dance with them , it was pretty awkward at first because she wasn’t the dancing type but later on became free and had the fun of her life with her friends . The party ended just before magrib and Bahijah went back home while the girls went back to maryam's place as they were spending the night there.  The party was Maryam’s idea, she wanted her friend to have some fun before getting married.

Bahijah was sitting on a swing in the garden drowned in her thoughts, when she felt a hand on her shoulder , she turned to see who's it? And her gaze met with her dad’s.
Hey , he said sitting on the other swing next to her's .
Hello Dad, Bahijah replied nonchalantly
Is my princess angry with her king Alhaji Sulieman asked
Dad, that’s impossible ! She uttered
Then why are you avoiding me , I can’t remember having any discussion with my daughter since the day I announced her wedding.
No dad , I have been very busy with the wedding preparations , she smiled
You know Bahijah , when you and your brother were born , I felt like I was the happiest man on Earth. I always wanted my daughter look at me and say you are the best dad in the world and I love you very much .I can still remember the first time I held you in my arms , I was so happy , you were so beautiful and tiny. A carbon copy of your mom he chuckled. That day , I wasn’t only given one gift but two , a boy and a girl , I always wanted you to be happy , I vowed to work hard and provide all the luxury in the world for you and your brother. It was always my dream to see you in a bridal dress , dressed as a bride,  I still can’t believe that my princess is leaving me tomorrow, I never thought it will be this hard . I want you to know that, I will never choice the wrong guy for you. I did a very good good investigation and I had a chat with him, l know he will take good care of you . Know that your dad will always be there for you and always remember that I love you so much . Promise me that you will always be happy and you will give your husband a chance.
I love you Dad , Bahijah said hugging her dad. I promise to always be happy and I will give him a chance , you are the best dad in the world and I will miss you .
I know and I will miss you too , Alhaji Sulieman said hugging his daughter back.
***
Assalamualaikum , Adam salamed stepping inside his aunt’s room . Hajiya Badiatu was seated on her prayer mat when she heard her nephew’s musculine voice.
Waalaikumusalam she replied baby come in .
Mustapha told me that you were looking for me , he said sitting on the carpet next to her .
Yes , I thought maybe I could have a talk with my baby before his big day tomorrow , hajiya Badiatu said fixing her gaze on her nephew . Adam she called in a serious tune
Naam he replied .
I hope you know that marriage is not a joke, I know you are wise and you know what to do . Tomorrow , you are going to have a new responsibility. I want you to know that in this world the person that respect you the most is the man that gave you his daughter , because if the world thinks you’re a thief , if the world thinks you have no manners, if the world thinks you are arrogant then he sees the opposite of that and  gave you his daughter as amana , he trusts you and he expects you to take very good care of his daughter . I know how much you love your work that why I don’t want you to make the mistake your Dad made with your mom, you Dad choose his work over your mom , he spent most of his time at work . I don’t want you to make the same mistake , no matter how busy you are try and spend some time with your wife , show her that you love her , don’t leave your work to come between you and your wife . and the most important thing “sabr” marriage is not a bed of roses , you will have some misunderstanding but you need to be patient, and don’t make any decision when you are angry . Kanajina!!
Insha Allah Amma , I will always take good care of her , I promise I won’t disappoint you and I won’t make the mistake pa made . Adam said placing his hand on his aunt’s.  I just need your blessings and your prayers . You have always been a mother to me , now this son needs his mother's prayers.
My prayers and blessings are always with you , am so happy , my baby is finally getting married . She chuckled. I can’t wait to see your bride, I fell in love with her the moment you told me about her.
Believe me Amma , she’s very beautiful and I know you will like her . Adam uttered . Amma !! He called I don’t know why am feeling nervous ,is it normal? He asked
Don’t worry about it, everything is going to go as planned , so don’t stress yourself .

It was around 2am and Bahijah still sitting on the couch in her room next to her bed . She still couldn’t sleep . “how could she”? When she is getting married tomorrow, what if he says he doesn’t love me anymore after the wedding fatiha she thought . O Allah !! She said slipped into her bedroom slippers and walked out of the room . She walked to get to get some ice cream . Ice cream was always her only option when she’s nervous . She took some chocolate ice cream from the freezer .she was so lost in her thoughts while having her ice cream when she heard her mother voice.
What are you doing in the kitchen at this hour ? Hajiya Aisha asked .
Nothing , I just want have some ice cream she replied
I know you can’t sleep don’t worry it’s normal , I also can’t sleep her mom said
Why ! Is there any problem mommy ? She asked
No , I just can’t believe you are getting married tomorrow, I will miss you .
I  will miss you too Mom Bahijah said hugging her mom.

Assalamualaikum guys , I know it's a boring chapter

Next chapter is going to be  better than this insha Allah

We have a wedding in the next chapter, who is excited about the wedding

And don't forget to

Vote
Comment
And share

Maryamerhbello ♥️