chapter 23

Chapter 23

Nigeria Abuja

The atmosphere was chilly and inviting as the wind blew faster, it was extremely breezy. The sky was painted black with white clouds that covered the stars in the sky as the clouds slowly released it’s offspring making the atmosphere more chilly and breezy . A body of water settled inside Bahijah's eyes like a lake. It rolled down her cheeks in rivulets and broke off into tributaries. These were tears of betrayal and heartbreaks. She slowly wrapped her arms around her body, more tears streamed down her cheeks as she remembered the events that took place today. Even the pitty patter of the rain couldn’t drown her cries. Is this how you feel when your heart is broken into pieces , this is indeed a period of uncertainty and heartbreak. Everything was perfect or maybe that’s what she thought. Its been a month since they came back from their honeymoon , throughout the month she had seen less of her husband. She haven’t seen much of him, the only times her eyes got the privilege of seeing him was during figr prayers. He comes back late and leaves early for work , he has been very busy with work that’s what he told her and that’s what he made her believe. Today she woke up very happy, full of joy and Spirit , she wanted to see her husband and spend some time with him. Easter gave her an idea , to visit him in his office, little did she know that what she about to do will break her heart into pieces .
It was the first time she was cooking for him , after she was done cooking his favorite dishes, she quickly walked to her room and took a long relaxing shower , she wrapped a towel around her body and walked to the walk in closet. She wore a red Ankara dress with blue patterns , her killer heels clinked against the marble floor as she made her way out of the closet making the clinking sound of satisfaction and happiness. A beautiful smile erupt on her face as she drove to DIKKO CONSTRUCTIONS . As she walked inside the building , she slowly made her way to the receptionist, who was standing behind a table dressed in a blue shirt and a suit, a female suit comes in trousers and skirts, the receptionist was dressed in a skirt . Her makeup was nude and her hair was tied in a ponytail, at first the receptionist told her she could see the COO without an appointment but after she uttered her name the receptionist showed her the way and told her that the COO 's office was  on the fifth floor . An unknown feeling erupt in her heart when the elevator arrived at the fifth floor , the rate of her heartbeats increased as she walked to his office. A smile appeared on her face when she heard the sound of his laughter , she decided to peep through the window and see what was it that was making her husband chuckle . A stream of tears formed in her eyes when she saw sadiya sitting on the couch while he was he was sitting on his chair, sadiya was gazing at him with love and admiration and he was laughing like a cloud. Tears rolled down her cheeks as a fire was burning in her inside, her heart was beating faster .
She could believe it, so this is what he meant when he said he was busy with work . She couldn’t still believe that the reason why he has been coming home late was sadiya. How could he do this to her , they have just been married for two months and here he is cheating her with his step mother’s niece , who he claims to hate , if he hates her as he says then wouldn’t be laughing like clown .  No wonder he told her that he can’t from his work for more than a week , so this is what he meant .
She was brought out of her thoughts , when she a pair of musculine arms wrapped around her body. What are you doing here ? He asked . It’s raining you aren’t suppose to sit in the balcony, you might fall sick.
Well as far as I know I am the one that is suppose to ask you that question. What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed in the office? She asked in a low tone as tears rolled down her cheeks.
Are you crying ? Bahijah what’s the problem , why are you crying.
That’s non of your business , Mr Dikko . You don’t need to know why I am crying. She said as she freed herself from his arms and walked to her room.
“ Bahijah , am talking to you , what is the problem ? ”.
Nothing , just forget about me and tell me how was your day ? She asked
Tiring , I spent the whole day in my office working on some papers. He replied
I never knew that saying lies is your hobby . She murmured.
What are you talking about ? He asked in a low tone.
I went to your office to surprise you but instead I was the one who that got surprised. The best surprise in my life she chuckled . I saw you with sadiya in your office, you were laughing like a clown while she was looking at you with love in her eyes. I trusted you . She shouted as the arrow of betrayal tore through her like a poisonous arrow burning her souls, her eyes were red burning with anger .
Bahijah it’s not what you think he said snaking his arms around her waist.
Don’t touch me , you despicable man she snarled looking at him with murder and anger in her eyes.
Bahijah, watch your tone . He warned making the lava of fury reach the verge of exploding.
If you know that you love her then why did you marry me , why did you lie to me that you love me. She questioned . We have just been married for 2 months and you are already cheating on me with that crazy woman. She accused.
I don’t love her and you have no right to accuse me of cheating he stated and that was enough to make the fire burning inside her to explored.
I am not accusing you  , I am just telling you what your actions mean . You told me that you hate her , but you were talking and laughing with her . Believe me I can endure anything but not betrayal , I will kill the both of you . She yelled tears rolling down her cheeks when the image of  him laughing erupt in her mind.
I am telling you this nicely , Bahijah watch what you say to me , just because you saw me with sadiya doesn’t mean that I am cheating on you. He explained as he was having a hard time to control his anger.
Why were you with her ? She asked.
I thought you trusted me . He said in a low tone .
Answer the goddam question ! She shouted as tears pricking her eyes.
She was the one that came to my office he replied.
Oh, so you left me here all alone , first you go to work early and come back later just so that you can spend sometime with your darling Sadiya . She shouted on top of her lungs.
Lower your voice Bahijah . He ordered.
I will not , you cheating bastard ! She replied
For godsake , I am not cheating on you Bahijah and don’t call me that again . He warned.
Yes you are , if not then why were you laughing like a clown. She asked .
She came to my office to threaten me and the reason why I was laughing was because she made the mistake of threatening me and nobody does that and she looked so funny when she told me to divorce you if not she will ruin my life. Nobody threatens me and go scot-free . He replied in a low tone. “Bahijah just because you are my wife that doesn’t give you the right to accuse me like that . You could have asked me and I would have told you what happened, but instead you accused me of cheating. I thought you trusted me, but I guess I was wrong”.
Guilt stabbed her like an arrow. She looked at Adam who turned and went to the bathroom. What has she done? How could she accuse him like that without any concrete reason. This is not who she is , she always knows how to control her anger and emotions but what has she done today. Tears of regret and fear rolled down her cheeks as she collapsed on the couch. What was she thinking about when she said those hurtful words to him, what is wrong with her. She can’t believe she could her husband a “ a cheating bastard”, her husband who has been very loving and caring towards her. She just hurt his feelings and accuse him in the most despicable manner.
Adam emerged from the bathroom a moment later without sparing her a glance he strode over his side of the bed and sat down.
“ Adam, I – ” she began but he cut her off. Please Bahijah , I don’t want your apologies . He replied nonchalantly.
“ At least hear me out ” . She pleaded .
Adam laughed bitterly , making the guilt she felt double. Are you serious , hear you out , did you give me a chance to explain what happened . He shouted .
Please Adam , just give me a chance to apologize. She said.
Just leave me alone , I don’t want to listen to anything you have to say , I am very angry right now . He snapped making her wince. And kindly switch off the light . He murmured as lied on the bed closing his eyes, Bahijah slowly switch off the lights and lied on her own side of the bed.

Bahijah woke up to the rays of sunshine fluttering through the window, she stood up and stretched like a cat . Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying , she frozed when she saw the bed empty. The splash of watering the bathroom told her that he was currently occupied in the shower, reassuring her heart that Adam was still at home, he hasn’t left for work yet. She quickly jumped out of the bed and slipped into her slippers as she walked to the kitchen. She met Easter in the kitchen washing some dishes.
Good morning Easter , she greeted as she walked inside the kitchen.
Good morning Bahijah , how was your night ? Easter asked
Good , she smiled.
Are you sure , why are your eyes so red?
Nothing , am okay you don’t need to worry about me.
Okay , so how can I help you? Easter asked.
Nothing, I just want to make some breakfast for Adam . She replied.
Okay, do you need any help?
Nop, thanks . She replied. It took her 30 minutes to make some pancakes and sausage with scrambled eggs. She quickly arranged the breakfast on the dining table and sat on a chair waiting for her husband. Adam walked in minutes later dressed in a white shirt and ash suit. I am leaving for work , I will see you later. He said nonchalantly without spacing her a glance as he made his way to the door.
Adam, she called grabbing his arm.
What ! He asked fixing his gaze on her face.
Please stay for breakfast. She said.
Am not hungry. He replied.
Am sorry about what happened last night , I know I shouldn’t have accused you like that am really sorry please forgive me. She apologized.
Okay, can I leave now . He said  trying free his arms from her hand.
Are you still angry ? She asked
Am not angry, am just disappointed . He replied as he walked out of the house.

Hello guys

My favorite character so far
I love dramas

And Bahijah is such a drama queen

Tnx for reading and I love you all

And as usually don't forget to

Vote
Comment
And share

You can also follow me on Instagram
Maryamerh_ Bello

And on Twitter

Maryamerhb

Thank you

Maryamerhbello ♥️