epilogue

Epilogue

Abuja

“Shift it a little , a bit more to the right” Bahijah instructed from the couch as Adam hanged the “q” on the walls of their son's nursery.
“Right there ” she squealed
“ Be careful bahijah, you are holding a baby ” Adam warned.
“Sorry” she whispered rocking the sleeping new born baby in her arms.
“Do you like it?” Adam asked admiring his handwork.
“Not bad” she replied nonchalantly
“Not bad!!” He yelled , “ I spent two weeks  on this room and that’s all you have to say”
“Okay baby, you don’t need to overreact I was just joking , it’s beautiful “ she giggled “ And am sure Sadiq also likes it” she said staring at her son’s face rubbing his cheeks with her thumb.
“ Pa is coming back next week and he's so excited to meet Sadiq” Adam smiled sitting next to his wife kissing her temple. He looked down at Sadiq , who was sleeping in his blue blanket, he didn’t even had to ask bahijah for her to know that his hands were inching to hold his son. Adam held Sadiq in his arms closer to his chest, he still can’t believe that he is now a father.
He was so happy when he found that bahijah was pregnant , but it was a different experience and feeling when he held his son in his arms for the first time. He felt a strong connection with him instantly . Adam !! Bahijah called bringing him back to reality.
“ Yes, my love”
“I want to start working” she said.
“Excuse me” Adam avert his gaze to her. “ What do you mean?” he asked.
“I want to start working, which means that I want to look for a job, I want to earn money” she replied rolling her eyes.
“ But I give you everything you want , I don’t see a reason why you should work.” He whispered not wanting to wake up Sadiq , who was sleeping peacefully in his arms.
“ I know , but still I want to make my own name, I want to use my degree and do something” she explained “If you don’t want me to work in a hospital , then I can start a pharmacy”
“okay” he replied, “I will think about it”
“ Thank you , I love you” she said kissing his cheeks.
“I love you too, lets go to bed, it’s late”
Bahijah woke up to the sun shining brightly, it rays coming from the window, it was so bright that even the curtains couldn’t conceal it. She slowly turned around to see her husband looking at her like a hungry man looking for some good. His beautiful blue eyes gazing at her , it’s the thing she loves the most about him . “ What’s up Mr DIkko why are you looking at me like that” she smirked.
“You’re beautiful” he whispered wrapping his arm around her petite body.
“ I know” she replied.
“ You know, when I first met you , you were crying . Your brown eyes were filled with tears, I felt like engulfing you into a hug and kissing your tears away, at that moment I knew that you are the one” he smiled kissing her cheeks.
“ But you didn’t say anything , you were frowning your face throughout the day”
“That’s because I was scared, I was scared of my emotions and the thing you made me felt.” He said gazing into her eyes. Adam’s eyes were the windows of his soul and bahijah could see right through them, she could see the emotions it held.
“ I love staring at your sea blue orbs as they twinkle with love and care for me” Bahijah smiled.
“ Tell me what do you love about me” he said
“ I love you heart, because it loves me and I love your mouth , the words it says to me, I love your hands , they make me feel safe and warm, l love you. I am hopelessly in love with you.”
“I love you more sweetheart”.