chapter 18

Chapter 18

Abuja

The speaker went on "welcome on board Mr and Mrs Dikko , this is your captain Steve Michael speaking , with my co pilots Muhammad and James announcing our take offs, please ensure that your seat is in the right position.” Thank you he announced.
“So tell me about you ”
What do you want to know about me, wifey .
Everything, she replied.
“Okay, you already know my name, I studied architecture in school and am the heir to my father’s company. Am currently the COO and am going to be the next CEO insha Allah. My mom and pa got divorced when I was a baby so I don’t know who my mom is”
Am sorry about that
It okay, you don’t have to be. He chuckled my pa is now married to a lady from borno , she has a son farouk and her niece sadiya is also living with them.
The one who has a crush on you ? Bahijah asked
Who told you about that?
Ameera!
Ohh, that girl can talk for Africa. He chuckled
So that’s all about me , he said kissing her lips.
Am tired, she whined . Adam unbuckled himself and then unbuckled Bahijah seatbelt as he scooped her in his arms and walked to the carbin at the extreme of the plane. What are you doing she gasped. Nothing he kicked the the cabin door open and walked in as he lay her on the king size bed . Now take some rest before we land . Adam said as he lay next to her wrapping his arms around her waist.
Minutes later , the speaker went on with the captain announcing that their arrival. They quickly walked back to their seats and fasten their seatbelt.
Hey are you okay , he asked
Yeah she replied, seconds later the captain announced that they just safely landed. We are here Adam murmured and unbuckled his seatbelt, Bahijah also unbuckled her's. They slowly walked to the exit, the air crew were standing on the side of the door as they disembark . It’s was hard to see anything as the sky was already painted black and decorated with stars. The wind blew faster making the night more chilly although it use to get slightly hot sometimes but today the weather got extremely breezy and pleasant. Adam held her waist and led her to the car , where his personal bodyguard Charles was waiting for them . Welcome back sir and congratulations on your wedding.
Thank you Charles . Bahijah , this is my bodyguard and also my chauffeur Charles. Charles meet my wife .
Hello ma'am , it’s nice meeting you .
Same here , Charles you look familiar though have we met before . Bahijah asked. Love lets go , I know you are tired. Adam interrupted . Steve opened the door for them as Adam helped her settle in the car. It was an hour drive to their mansion, the surrounding was very quiet when they arrived only the barking of dogs and the humming of birds. The staff are sleeping , it’s pretty late you can meet them tomorrow in the morning . He said.
“Careful with your steps” Adam whispered softly against her earlobe , a shiver ran down her spine but she brushed it off as he was holding her leading her up the stairs. Here we are he said interrupting her from her lost thought. He turned the switch on revealing a huge master bedroom, the interior design of the room was black and off white, the focal point of the room is a king size bed sitting in the middle. On either side of the bed was two black bed side drawers, a fluffy black carpet around the room. A walk in closet and an ensuite washroom. On the other side of the room is a big couch, behind it is an Italian window with white curtains. This is my room, I will show you yours tomorrow but you have some clothes in the walk in closet. He grinned. I will be back why don’t you take shower before I come back.
Okay , she nodded. In a daze Bahijah slipped off her abaya and took a long relaxing shower and performed wudhu . She walked to the walk in closet with a white towel wrapped around her . She got dressed in a pink pyjamas . Adam was sitting on the couch when she came back. With a plate of snacks and a jug filled with orange juice . I will just take a shower , then we can pray and eat . Wait for me he said walking into the bathroom. Adam came out 30 minutes late dressed in a blue pyjamas , lets pray he said spreading two prayer mat on the carpet. They prayed two raka'at first, then another set of nafils before the are the snacks he brought and flushed it with some orange juice. Bahijah sat at the edge of the bed as she watched him switch off his phone , he turned the lights off and scooped her in an embrace dropping her in the middle of the bed. She was still in his arms when he whispered to her ears. Good night.
***

The sunlight coming from the window was kissing her face , her hair sprawled on the pillow , she opened her eyes slowly as she looked around the surrounding, she was in a different environment and then she remembered , she is now married and she is in her matrimonial home . The other side of the bed was cold and empty , she was still in her pyjamas .
“ Where did he go to?”  she looked around the room and saw a note on the bed side drawer.
   “sorry , I left you alone something urgent came up and am needed in the office. I will be back as soon as possible” .
She rolled herself out of the bed and walked to the bathroom, she took her bath and got dressed in a  in a black jeans and a white knee length shirt. The hallway was quite as she walked out of the room , there was no one around . After 30 minutes of wondering around the mansion , she arrived at the kitchen. She saw a middle aged woman dressed in a black and white uniform chopping some veggies in the kitchen island.
Hello , Bahijah said trying to get the lady's attention.
“ ohh am really sorry ma'am I didn’t know you are awake, Alhaji said no one should walk you up. Am Easter the house keeper , do you need anything . ”
Well, it’s nice meeting you Easter . Am just hungry, can I get anything to eat? Bahijah asked
Of course ma'am , just give me five minutes . Am so happy you are here , finally I have someone to cook breakfast for . She grinned.
What do you mean, what about Adam.
Well, Alhaji  only comes to the mansion occasionally , he stays more in his penthouse and when he comes he never stays for breakfast , he always leaves for work early and comes back home later . But now that you are here, I am going to feed you with delicious dishes.
Thank you Easter. So are you the only one working here.
No , the are ten staffs working here, I live here with my husband and daughter, my husband is the gardener.Here we are am done Easter said placing a place of fried chips and susage and egg sauce on the table. Try it and tell me how it taste.
Okay. So do you live inside the mansion ? Bahijah asked
No , we have a staff quarters, Mary can give you a tour when you are done .
Who’s Mary ?
My daughter .
Mom did you see the book Rose lend me yesterday? A young teenage girl asked as she walked inside .
Mary, where are your manners, can’t you greet.
Ohh , am sorry I thought you were the only one in the kitchen. Good morning she greeted gazing at Bahijah.
Morning , you must be Mary .
Yap, and you are uncle A 's new bride, am so happy to see you . She said giving Bahijah a hug.
Mary!!! Oops , am sorry she said taking a step backward.
It’s okay.
The breakfast is delicious Easter.
Thank you ma’am . Easter replied with a smile on her lips.
Its Bahijah. Call me Bahijah please , am not that old for you to call me ma'am.
Okay, Bahijah . You know you are very beautiful , Alhaji is very lucky to have you as his wife .
“ well you are right about that Easter ” they heard a musculine voice from the door step. His musky scent reached her nostrils before he even entered the room. His scent was musculine and a hint of mint mixed in it .he was dressed in a black suit and blue shirt. Hey you are back !
Yap, he replied placing a kiss on her forehead. Am sorry I left you alone.
No problem , it’s okay am actually having a good time with Easter here.
I can see that. He grinned , hello Easter.
Good morning Alhaji .
Good morning uncle A . Mary greeted
Morning Mary, how are you doing its been a while since I last saw you.
Yap, I have been busy with studies and you with your wedding preparations, you have a beautiful wife thought . She grinned.
Thank you mary. Come  with me , he whispered into Bahijah’s earlobe holding her hand as they walked out of the kitchen. How was your night he asked as the lied on the couch in his bedroom.
Amazing , she replied .
I will just take a quick shower , then I will show you around . Adam said as he walked to the bathroom. Bahijah lied on the bed as she played with her fingers . She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard her phone ringing.
Assalamualaikum mommy , she grinned
Waalaikumusalam Bahijah
I missed you so much Mom, where is Dad.
Are you sure, if you really missed us you would have called me yesterday but its looks like you are having a great time with your husband.
Its not like that mom, you know I miss you we arrived here late yesterday and I was just about to call you. Am sorry .
How are you doing Bahijah , am worried about you . Are you happy ? Hajiya Aisha asked
Am okay mom , you don’t need to worry about me .
Are you sure?
Mom!! Am fine.
Okay , I will call later . Love you
I love you too Mom.
***
The mansion is a highly classy and pretentious former, it has two floors and seven rooms , on the first floor. there are four rooms, the kitchen, a spacious living room with large Italian windows and a dinning room. On the upper floor the are three bedrooms, master bedroom with a balcony overlooking the garden and Bahijah's bedroom, the interior design of the room is purple and cream with a queen size bed, a walk in closet and a bathroom.  And then the is the library with an incredible bookshelf full of amazing and interesting books and an ancient study room with a modern desk and a chair. Outside is a beautiful 1000m2 landscaped garden with numerous trees and flowers , an in-ground swimming pool surrounded by flowers close to the garden is a basketball court and then the staff quarters which is on the other side of the mansion.
So do you like the house ?
Yes, it’s beautiful especially here, the garden it’s my favorite place.
I know it’s also my favorite place, I always come here when I want be alone .it’s peaceful and beautiful but not as beautiful as you . He whispered entwining their hands.
Are you sure ?  Mr Dikko
Yap. He chuckled
My pa wants to meet you , so we will be going to the Dikko Mansion tomorrow and then we will be leaving for our honeymoon tomorrow .
Honeymoon!! Where are we going.
That’s for me to know and for you to find out.
I hate surprises !!
And I love surprises he grinned as she glanced at him , seeing his eyes trained on hers. She could smell his strong cologne reaching her nose. He smirked and inched closer towards her as his lips met hers.

Assalamualaikum guys

Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
And share

Maryamerhbello ♥️