chapter 10

She was sitting in the balcony sipping her tea as she fixed her gaze on the stars in the sky . She smiled broadly as the wind blew through her, which made her veil to lose a little bit, but she couldn't care less about it. She was so excited. She was so into the beauty of the whole moment that she didn't notice her dad .
Daddy she jumped a little bit .
What are you doing here he asked taking a seat close to her , nothing just trying to get some fresh air .
Hmm are you excited
Yeah but am going to miss you guys she said giving him a side hug. Don't worry about that we have holiday remember and I will always come and visit you when ever I get the chance Alhaji Sulieman said.
I know Dad I love you you know
I love you too my princess , I want you to promise me that you will be a good girl and no bad company okay.
Insha Allah daddy .
It's late go and sleep we will meet tomorrow morning before you leave insha Allah .
Okay good night Dad she waved.

She hopped out of her bed and slipped into her bedroom slippers before walking into the bathroom. She quickly brushed her teeth and took a bath before walking out of the bathroom . She got dressed in a purple abaya and a veil , she took her side bag and her folder, her suitcases were already in the car . Her personal driver was going to drop her and Maryam at the school . Stepping out of the room she went to dinning area where she saw her parents already waiting for her, Good morning guys she smirked looks like you guys have already started missing me.
Nobody is going to miss you young lady instead am happy that am going to spend sometime with my wife just like when we first got married before you and your brother were born Dr Sulieman said
Ohh Mus'ab called he said he has been trying to call you last night but your phone was switched off her mom said
I will call him when I reach there , so what's for breakfast she asked while taking a sit.
She quickly ate some sandwiches and flushed it down with some orange juice , it's time for me to leave she said fixing her gaze on her parents .
Okay the driver is waiting for you her dad replied safe journey and take care of yourself .
Insha Allah am going to pick up Maryam first then we can leave She said while hugging her parents .

A beautiful smile appeared on her face when malam lado her driver packed the car at the gate of the female hostel in Ahmadu Bello university, she was anxiously and excitedly looking at the structure, environment and students in the school . Lets go Maryam brought her out of her thoughts, she stepped out of the car after saying goodbye to malam lado . Stepping inside the gate of the hostel, they first went to the office of the lady in charge and collected the key to their room . Maryam payed an errand boy to help them take their things to the room , upon reaching the room that occupied two small beds , a built in wardrobe , a full length mirror . Two large window greeting them with a hot afternoon breeze. She took in a measure breath and exhaled slowly before walking further into the room . The errand boy kept their suitcases and two "ghana must go" with a small fridge and took his leave.
Lets rest a little bit then we can sort out our things and then we can go to the market , let me call Khadija Bahijah said picking up her phone to call Khadija fatima 's friend who was also going to stay in the hostel but in a different room .
Okay Maryam replied .
They arranged their belongs in the room and change their clothes after taking a shower in the bathroom down the hallway . Later on Khadija arrived wearing a black and red Ankara dress . Hey girl what up she smirked while sitting at the edge of Maryam's bed.
Skyyy Maryam replied.
Are you guys ready let go it's getting late she said picking up her side bag.

Khadija packed her car in the parking lot and together they trekked down the busy streets , they were chatting about how their first day in school was going to be . Bahijah is going to study pharmacy while Maryam is going for chemical engineering , Bahijah despise that the fact that they are not going to be in the same faculty . Her eyes moved from one place to another trying to get familiar with the place, don't stare instantly at anyone you might get beaten Khadija said making Bahijah to gasp. Are you serious she asked. Khadijah laughed at her expression just kidding but stop staring at people like that , the people of zaria can be very crazy you wouldn't want to mess with them.
Okay Bahijah replied. They bought some food stuffs and some toiletries and later branched in chicken republic to get some ice cream.