chapter 14

Chapter  14
Abuja

I don’t really care if she knows how to cook or not , what really matters is that I love her and she loves me . Amny has been a very good wife to me , she is my best friend. I don’t care if she doesn’t know how to cook , I can be the one doing the cooking and besides I have the means to hire a chef , I love my wife very much I don’t care . She’s the best thing my parents have ever done for me . Khalid said grinning from ear to ear thinking about his wife.
They were having a game night in  Adam's penthouse when Abdulaziz told them about his cousin who divorced his new bride because she doesn’t know how to cook.
Well that’s your own opinion because you have now become Romeo number 2 , as for me I can’t get married to a girl that doesn’t know how to cook,  I want a wife who will cook for me Abdulaziz said.
“Well am with Khalid in this matter ” Adam finally decided to share his own opinion . I love Bahijah a lot , so if she doesn’t know how to cook am okay with it , allahamdullilah I know how to cook and I have the wealth to hire the best chef in the world . In Islam it’s not a must that the lady must be the one to cook , a man can cook for his own family.
“tohh jama'a ga Romeo number 3” , looks like all my friends are going crazy because of love Abdulaziz said dramatically.
“That’s your own problem “ khalid replied . “ Toh latest ango saura one week biki fa ”.
I know Adam replied nervously
Don’t tell me you are nervous Abdulaziz chuckled
“I don’t know” ! What if something goes wrong  , am really scared I have never felt like this before.
Don’t worry about that it’s is a normal feeling when you are getting married, just calm down . Khalid said. So when was the last time you called your fiancee he asked.
The night I  visited her when I went back home . Adam replied nonchalantly
What!! Khalid gasped
Well what else did you expect from sarki miskilanci . Abdulaziz chuckled
What is the problem now he asked
Adam is this how you are going to get married , she is going to be your wife in a week , you are supposed call her like twice a day , let her know you care about her. Women love it when you show them that you care about them. Call her frequently , send her messages, show her that you miss her and you can't wait for her to become your life partner. Khalid said fixing his gaze on his “not so romantic” friend.
I know that I miss her and I love her very much but I don’t know what to say to her when I call her , I have never done this before you know that . What do you want me to do? Adam asked
“this is serious”!! You need some serious lectures about women , love and relationships before you get married because if you are going to continue like this then am sorry to say you will just wake up one day and find your wife missing “tagudu gidansu”. Khalid smirked
“What the hell are you talking about “! No way that is never going to happen insha Allah.
Well then you have to learn how to be romantic and also learn about how to handle a woman.
Who is going to learn how to be romantic “this guy”! Lallai , am going to bed . Abdulaziz said getting up from the couch.
What do you mean you are going to bed , malam you are not going to spend the night in my apartment , so good bye Abdulaziz said walking out of the room.
Well am going spend the night here do what you can Abdulaziz replied.
Adam where is your phone ? Khalid asked
It’s on the side table next to you and what do you want to do with my phone?
Here, khalid said passing the phone to Adam , call her .
Call who?
Bahijah ofcourse call her right now
Okay he replied . Bahijah pick the call after the second ring, assalamualaikum he heard her warm voice. Waalaikumusalam he replied in a Low tone.
Hi , it’s me Adam
Yeah I know Bahijah replied
I call to check on you and see if you need anything he said
Ohh am okay Bahijah replied in an annoying tone, so goodbye she said disconnecting the call.
What!! Adam gasped she disconnected the call .
Well what do you expect her to do khalid replied nonchalantly
What do you mean Adam asked
Are you serious !! Who calls a girl and says “hi l called to check on you and see if you need anything” .
So , what do you want me to say? Adam asked with a frown on his face
Adam you need to learn how to talk to your partner , girls love it when you show that you love them and you care about them. I know you love her but you need to show her and remember it’s not like the two of you dated before and if you keep on like this you will make her feel like you were forced to marry her, you need to show her that she is the one you love, and I hope you haven’t forgotten what Abdulaziz told you , that she had a boyfriend before. If you keep behaving like this , she will never forget about him. Am going back home now Amina is waiting for me , see you tomorrow
Thank you khalid , I must say marriage has changed you , you have now become more matured . thanks again and my regards to Amina Adam said giving his friend a hug.

*****
Kaduna

Kayan lefe:
This refers to the clothes , the groom presents to his bride , they are boxes filled with materials like shoes, bags , clothes, cosmetics, jewelries. It is also part of the culture of the hausa people.
****
“Bahijah”! It’s already 10 o’clock in the morning you need to wake up . Aunty habiba, who is mommy’s immediate sister woke Bahijah from her peaceful sleep with her hoarse voice. Bahijah opened her eyes gently and fixing her gaze on the clock. It’s says 10:03 , she suddenly remembered that Adam’s relatives are bringing her kayan lefe today . It’s been a month and three weeks of torture from the beautician Mommy hired from maiduguri , hajiya falmata a lady in her late 30’s . She was practically forced by mommy , but the good thing about it was that her skin was now super soft and always glowing.
She was supposed to leave the house and meet Maryam and the girls in Maryam’s place, khadijah and Fatima arrived yesterday . They were literally over the moon about the wedding. She took her bath with the traditional soap , hajiya falmata gave her. She came out of the bathroom and found Aliya , her cousin laying on her bed.
Hey, enmata how far she said sitting on a stool rubbing some lotion on her body.
Lafiya lau amarya , iren wanan kamshi haka , do you want your ango to go crazy when he sees you . Aliya said with a cheeky smile plastered on her face.
Bahijah blushed when she registered what her cousin said
Awww!! Amarya is blushing . Aliya teased
Aliya stop it I need to get ready and leave the house before the guest arrive as she quickly grabbed the handdryer to dry her wet hair. Are you coming with me ? She asked
Yap, that’s why am here Aliya replied.
Aliya is aunty Rukayya's daughter , she’s older than Bahijah with 2 years but despite the little age gap they are good friends. Aunty Rukayya is daddy’s younger sister. She quickly dried up her hair and slipped into a black abaya and its matching veil. Right on cue , aunty habiba came in with a plate of fried yam and egg sauce. Have you eaten ? She asked Aliya.
Yeah, I just had breakfast she replied
She cleared everything  and slipped into a black Versace flat shoe and threw in some items into her Chanel side bag. I will meet you in the car Aliya she said picking up her side bag. She walked to mommy’s room and found her with aunty Rukayya . Assalamualaikum Ina yini she greeted and settled next to  mommy . Waalaikumusalam they replied.
Amarya yakike , are you leaving now ? Aunty Rukayya asked
Eh aunty , am going with Aliya we will be back before magrib she said
Toh don’t come back later hajiya falmata will be waiting for you Aunty Rukayya  replied.
She met Aliya already in the car with the driver . Malam Musa Ina yini she greeted when she settled in car.
Lafiya lau bahijoo , how are you doing its been long since I last saw you , I missed you malam Musa said grinning from ear to ear.
I missed you too malam she replied . She was scrolling through the messages in her phone when she saw a message from Adam.
         Hi am sorry if I did something wrong yesterday , how are you doing, I can't wait to see you , I will be in kaduna , a day before the wedding
Take care..

Bahijah smiled when she saw the message , this guy is really funny she thought, she chuckled when she remembered their conversation yesterday , it was clear that he didn’t know what to say to her. She was just in a bad mood that why she disconnected the call.
Are you okay ? Aliya asked pulling her out of her thoughts.
****

****

Bahijah !! Khadijah called this is not fair you know
What’s not fair Bahijah said throwing a samosa into her mouth
You haven’t shown us a picture of your fiance  khadijah replied nonchalantly
She’s right  fatima said
I don’t have his picture guys and why the rush when you are going to see him after the wedding fatiha she voiced out in an annoying tone.
I have his picture girls!! Maryam  said in a pitched
Maryam!!! Bahijah gasped
What !!! I have some of his pictures with ya Abdulaziz Maryam said passing her to khadijah , who was sitting next to fatima .
OMG!!! Khadijah gasped masha Allah he is so handsome and he looks yummy .
Khadijah !!! That’s my future husband you are talking about khadijah ! Bahijah shouted .
Allah ya baki hakuri don’t kill me with kishi khadijah voice out dramatically
So Bahijah you have kishi like this aliya who was sitting next to Bahijah said
Whatever Bahijah said rolling her eyes, he is my husband so lower your gaze . Maryam guess who is calling me
Who? Maryam asked
Cynthia !! She replied
Then pick the call Maryam said
“Sai ma kin fada ”! That’s what am going to do she said picking the call. Amaryaaa!!! She heard Cynthia voice.
Which kind amarya ! I have already unfriended you , am getting married and you didn’t even bother to call me, I even sent you an IV  . Bahijah said rolling her eyes
Am so sorry I have been very busy lately, my mom had a heart attack Last week , we just got discharged yesterday so I called you today Cynthia said in a low tone
Am so sorry Cynthia , you should have called me how is her health now?
She’s stable now , me and my brother are doing our best to take care of her . Cynthia replied
Am really sorry Cynthia , let me know if I can help you in any way . Can you make it to the wedding?
Yes of course don’t worry , I will be there . I need to go now my mom is calling me
Okay  bye and my regards to miss Angela .
Cynthia and her brother where brought up by a single mother , their father died when Cynthia was a baby . They don’t know anybody from their father's family and her mother's parent died some months after their parents got married

Bahijah went back home around 6:30 , she thought all guest would be gone by that time but she was wrong. The house was filled with guest and kids running around the house. Bahijah walked straight to her room avoiding all the aunts that were teasing her.  She took a bath and got dressed in her Sofia the first pyjamas, she wore an ankle length hijab on her pyjamas and walked to her mom’s room . She met her mom, aunty Rukayya and aunty habiba sitting in the room. She greeted them and sat next to Aunty habiba sitting in the room. She greeted them and sat next to aunty habiba placing her head on Aunty habiba's thighs .
Bahijah Kaya sunyi kyau Masha Allah aunty Rukayya said
Aliya walked in few minutes later
OMG!!! Bahijah 25 boxes Aliya squealed . Why are you standing there ? Come , let’s check them out. Gaskiya wannan Ango loves you too much Aliya winked

Assalamualaikum guys
So how are you all doing

BJ is getting married
And who can remember the name "Angela”

and please don't forget to

Vote
Comment
And share

you can also follow me on Instagram

Maryamerh_bello

and on Twitter

Maryamerhb