chapter 30

This chapter is dedicated to hajjoabukur and rukieeey__ for commenting

thought of losing a loved one is the most fearsome feeling Adam has ever felt. It felt like his whole world was crashing. 
Why did she took the bullet.
He wasn’t foolish enough to let farouk shoot him, he was wearing a bullet proof vest . He knew something like this was going to happen that’s why he went there well prepared . The whole family were already there his father and her parents .
His father  came beside him and placed his hand on his shoulder , “ She will be fine” . Adam nodded with a fake smile on his lips and sat on the bench, nobody has any idea how scared he felt right now, scared of losing his wife, the woman he fell in love with. He has to act brave but deep inside those deep blue eyes resist a pain he concealed.  Adam closed his eyes and lied his head back against the wall thinking about his wife, he couldn't take away the image of her out of his mind. Her lifeless body in his arms, he could feel the pain he felt when he  fixed his gaze on her pale face.
It was a new feeling, he has never experienced something like that it felt like his heart was been ripped out of his chest.
She took a bullet for him
Does she loves me that much that she is ready to give up her own life
It felt like time had stop as they wait impatiently for the doctors to give them some news. Suddenly the movement increased as the nurses were pacing around making Adam to tremble in fear.
“ What is going on” He asked the doctor as he took a peek inside the room he saw bahijah’s lifeless body.
“ Excuse me ” Aliyu said looking at the disorganized man who looked like he was going to go crazy at any moment “ May I know how you are related to the patient” he asked.
“ She’s my wife” Adam replied firmly , “ Now can you tell how is she doing” he said.
“ She’s not responding” Aliyu replied sympathetically .
“ What do you She’s not responding ….” Adam yelled as he braged into the operation theater which made all the nurses and doctors step away from bahijah.
“ Excuse me sir, you have to leave and let us do our job” Aliyu uttered rubbing his forehead with his thumb.
Adam took a step closer to her lifeless body laying on the hospital bed. “ Bahijah …. Sweetheart get up” he whispered, “ C'mon, it’s a enough now, let 's not play this game right now. He tap her shoulder.”
“Why are you sleeping so much ?” he asked but she didn’t reply. “ Why is she sleeping so much” he asked the doctors. “ Answer me!” He shouted when he didn’t get any response. Adam turned around towards bahijah , “ Open your eyes baby”
“ l'm Sorry, sir…. We couldn’t save her…she’s gone” Aliyu said it felt like a poisonous arrow was hitting his chest as he utter each word.
No! No!
“ No!!!” , Adam yelled looking at bahijah's pale face, “ She can’t die , no” he brought his hand to her nose to see if she was still breathing but he got nothing.
“ You can’t do this to me my love , please don’t leave me, I can’t live without you” tears were falling from his eyes.
“Baby wake up, you have to wake up for me…” He yelled as he turned around and started the shock machine, he placed the pad on her chest giving her an electric shock but her heart was not beating.
“ Sir you need to leave ” Aliyu said and took the pad from his hand. Adam fell on his knees placing his head on her chest as a lone tear fell from his eyes, he was crying like a crazy man when she he felt her hand on his head as she exhaled a long air from her mouth and coughed loudly.
“ Baby” he quickly got up from the floor and cupped her cheeks when she opened her eyes.
“ Adam…I ” She cried when a doctor pulled him back and pushed him out of the room.
I’m here baby, I’m right here. He whispered.
Adam!!! Alhaji Ahmed called “What happened?” He asked hugging his son.
“She’s okay! She’s alive pa” Adam cried wrapping his arms around his father, “ She’s not going to leave me”
“ Allahamdullilah” Alhaji Sulieman exclaimed sitting next to his wife as he engulfed her into a hug.
Adam 's hand were drenched in blood and he just kept staring at them as his hand's trembled. He was shivering with fear at the sight of the blood of his beloved. He turned to his right side then he felt a hand on his shoulder , “ Are you okay” Aliyu asked.
“ I don’t think so” Adam chuckled bitterly.
“ How is she” Dr Sulieman asked
“ She’s now stable, you can all see her but please don’t disturb the patient” Aliyu explained.
“ Thank you Doctor” Adam stated.
“ You don’t need to thank me, it’s my duty” Aliyu replied.
Adam! Hajiya Aisha called “ Why don’t you go in and stay with her, we will like to go back to our hotel, call us when she wakes up”
“ No problem mommy” he smiled “ I’m sorry for what happened” he apologized.
“ You don’t need to apologise, it wasn’t your fault”.
*******
Adam slowly pushed the door, as he walked inside the room. “ Is she going to make it doctor” he asked the doctor who was standing behind him.
“Bahijah is a strong lady, she will make it, she’s like an angel” Aliyu smiled.
“ I don’t understand do you know my wife?” he asked with a frown.
“ We are friends, I met her in Zaria” Aliyu replied.
Adam gently sat on the stool next to bahijah's bed placing his hand on her's “ you know what doctor you are right, she is an angel.” He smiled kissing her hand, “ She is an angel who spreads happiness , who has made me so addicted to her smile, laughter and her voice. Whenever I see her smiling I just want to make her more happy. She has changed me completely , she brings me to my knees for her”
“ It’s good to know that she has someone who loves her so much ”  Aliyu grinned .
“ I am hopelessly and blindly in love with her Doctor” He replied. “ It was a love at first sight for me, I was scared that she will reject me, I didn’t know what to do, so I approached my father and told him about my feelings" he giggled , when we got married, I was so scared that she won’t fall in love with me, so I didn’t everything I could to make her happy and comfortable. When she told me those three words , I felt a teenager who is going on a date with his crush, I was so happy , I felt like jumping in the rain”
“ Don’t lose hope , Aliyu uttered placing his hand on Adam’s shoulder , “ she will wake up and then everything will be back to normal”
“I hope so” Adam whispered.
“ I will see you later, I need to see the rest of my patients , be strong” Aliyu said firmly as he walked out of the room.
Adam stayed with bahijah for hours looking at her form time to time waiting for her to open her eyes. Every second felt like an hour, it felt like eternity. He laid his head close to her hand, he didn’t realize when he felt asleep. He woke up to fingers running softly in his head. He quickly looked up and his gaze immediately met with the most enchanting brown eyes. Those that always makes his demons vanish.
“ Bahijah, you are awake” he took her hand into his placing wet kisses on it. Adam tried to get up from his seat to call Aliyu when she grabbed his hand shaking her head. She slowly removed her oxygen mask, “What are you doing” He asked.
“ Don’t go, stay with me” she whispered.
“Okay” He smiled as he sat near her. “ I missed you so much baby. He said. Rubbing his thumb on her cheeks.
“ Are you okay? Why did you tell him to shoot you” she scold.
“ Are you serious right now, you are the one who got injured and I told him to shoot me because I had a bullet proof vest on”
“I was scared” a mere whisper escaped from her lips as tears rolled down her cheeks.
“ Why did you do that , you shouldn’t have taken the bullet , I had everything well planned, you were the one who scared me” he said in a serious tone.
“ I am Sorry” She smiled“ I thought ….” She paused when she heard a knock.
“Come in” Bahijah said.
“ Assalamualaikum ” A familiar voice erupt from the door step.
“Aliyu!” Bahijah gasped when she laid her gaze on the man standing by the door.
“Looks like the sleeping beauty has finally decided to wake up” Aliyu smiled as he walked towards their direction.
“ What are you doing here” Bahijah asked.
“I was transferred to this hospital” he replied. “I need to check her injuries” he said. Adam stepped backward away from the bed but his eyes never left bahijah’s. Seeing her like that makes the pain in his heart to increase. If only they could change spot. After checking her Aliyu left the room to give them some privacy. Bahijah motion him to come closer as he  lean his face closer to her face, she gently placed her hand on his cheeks caressing it with her thumb.
“ You don’t need to worry about me, I’m okay, I will be fine in no time” She smile placing a light kiss on his cheeks.
“ You scared me”
“ I am so sorry ” bahijah apologized “ I was scared , he was going to shoot you and I had to do something, I promise I won’t do it again”
“ it won’t happen again, I promise you that, this is the first and the last time.” He said firmly and bahijah nodded her head slightly. “ What about Hajiya Asmau and farouk , what did you do to them” she asked.
“ The police arrested them , I don’t want you to worry about them , do you understand?”
“ Yes” she replied.
I love you so much , he whispered placing lazy kisses on her lips and chin reaching to her neck.
I love you too. She whispered against his lips.
“Your parents are here , they will be here soon.” That  was the last thing she heard before she fell into a deep sleep.
******
Bahijah woke up to the voices around her whispering words . They were familiar voices , she slowly opened her eyes fixing her gaze on a familiar face .
“Mommy!” she called.
“ Yes my baby ” Hajiya Aisha responded as tears were streaming down on her face , the person beside her mother was her father.
“ Daddy” she smiled.
“My baby , how are you feeling?” he asked.
“Not bad” bahijah smiled.
“Are you sure or do you want me to call the doctor” her mother asked placing her hand on her daughter’s forehead.
“ Am okay Mommy , you don’t need to worry about anything” she giggled.
“ How is mus'ab, it’s been long since he last called me” she frowned.
“ He is busy with school and other activities maybe that’s why he doesn’t calls you frequently.” Hajiya Aisha explained. Bahijah had a nice chat with her parents before they went back to their hotel .
Bahijah! Adam called.
“Yes babe” She replied , he was telling her about an old 90s novel he read once “ Mail order marriage by Margret Ways”
“ The doctor that’s treating you , he told me that he is your friend, how did you guys met” he asked folding his arms.
“uhmm , promise me that you won’t feel jealous”
“I promise” he grinned.
“ He is not only a friend , he was my ex boyfriend” She replied avoiding his gaze.
“wow” Adam chuckled, “ But he told me that you were just friends”
“Maybe he didn’t want to make the atmosphere tense” she said “wait !!! You are not jealous?”
“ Why will I be jealous my love, when I know that you are mine, mine only” he giggled against her lips placing a light kiss on her lips.
“Have I ever told you how much I love you Mr DIkko” she smirked
“Nop, but you just showed me that yesterday” he whispered “And now it’s my turn to show you how much I love you.”

The end.

Thanks for reading
Don't forget to vote, comment and share